News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If I'm at Markham n Sheppard and I wanna go to Yonge n Sheppard, with the new EELRT built that takes me McCowan n Sheppard, then I transfer to the Sheppard line & go to Yonge n Sheppard.

With your iteration, I'm taking the EELRT to McCowan n Sheppard, transferring to take 1 stop south to STC, then transfer again back on the Sheppard line to head west to Yonge n Sheppard

EELRT - Sheppard Line
EELRT - SSE - Sheppard Line

Why do you guys wanna veer off of Sheppard for, just because STC is a destination?
Better question is why are we revisiting a scenario (Sheppard Line to STC) when the province has indicated that Sheppard/McCowan will be the interchange station?

Better question is why are we revisiting a scenario (Sheppard Line to STC) when the province has indicated that Sheppard/McCowan will be the interchange station?
Some people want to argue in circles. The thing is at this point there are simply two views. No one is changing the others minds. We’ve been through this. Make a decision. Someone will be upset. Build and move on.

Can you give an example where a route now has more transfers because of my suggested plan. I am not able to follow what you wrote.
Anyone who lives on Mccowan ( or Brimley) and north of the 401 trying to get on line 4, whether they want to go to Fairview Mall, Yonge and Sheppard, etc. with the current plan, they would take the bus to Sheppard east station and get on the line 4 subway. with your proposal, once they get to sheppard east station must either take the lrt to Agincourt and then transfer to line 4, or they must take line 2 to stc and then line 4, just to continue west on Sheppard.

If I'm at Markham n Sheppard and I wanna go to Yonge n Sheppard, with the new EELRT built that takes me McCowan n Sheppard, then I transfer to the Sheppard line & go to Yonge n Sheppard.

With your iteration, I'm taking the EELRT to McCowan n Sheppard, transferring to take 1 stop south to STC, then transfer again back on the Sheppard line to head west to Yonge n Sheppard

EELRT - Sheppard Line
EELRT - SSE - Sheppard Line

Why do you guys wanna veer off of Sheppard for, just because STC is a destination?
With my iteration, the LRT is not ending at McCowan; it's continuing westward until it meets Sheppard subway at the point where Sheppard subway veers off Sheppard. It's still one transfer, the only different is that it's happening somewhere west of McCowan.
Anyone who lives on Mccowan ( or Brimley) and north of the 401 trying to get on line 4, whether they want to go to Fairview Mall, Yonge and Sheppard, etc. with the current plan, they would take the bus to Sheppard east station and get on the line 4 subway. with your proposal, once they get to sheppard east station must either take the lrt to Agincourt and then transfer to line 4, or they must take line 2 to stc and then line 4, just to continue west on Sheppard.
They can still take the bus to the extended Sheppard subway since the LRT and Sheppard subway are parallel for some distance until McCowan.

They can still take the bus to the extended Sheppard subway since the LRT and Sheppard subway are parallel for some distance until McCowan.
the bus will more than likely terminate at Sheppard east station, not Stc and not Agincourt Go. There will be no direct connection to line 4 under your iteration

the bus will more than likely terminate at Sheppard east station, not Stc and not Agincourt Go. There will be no direct connection to line 4 under your iteration
Why would the bus terminate sooner when it can go a couple of km extra and provide direct connection to another subway line at STC or even Agincourt? TTC can decide to modify its bus routes. It won't cost $1 billion per km to extend a bus route like it takes for a subway. Whether TTC does it not is not a technical issue but a thought issue (just like not having signal priority for Eglinton Crosstown).

Why would the bus terminate sooner when it can go a couple of km extra and provide direct connection to another subway line at STC or even Agincourt? TTC can decide to modify its bus routes. It won't cost $1 billion per km to extend a bus route like it takes for a subway. Whether TTC does it not is not a technical issue but a thought issue (just like not having signal priority for Eglinton Crosstown).
I'd certainly prefer it remain unchanged and continue to terminate at STC, but that will likely not happen

A report to next week's Executive Ctte will recommend continuing to advance this project, albeit at something of a snail's pace:

From the above:

1701186089952.png

1701186116184.png

@Art Tsai - Title is incorrect here, Metrolinx is not the proponent. The City of Toronto is the proponent.

Now this project should be elevated the entire route, sadly I doubt that's gonna happen
As long as this remains a City of Toronto project, this will be nothing more than a St.Clair/Spadina style streetcar in a ROW. It's not going to directly connect to the Crosstown (ie: no through service) and there's going to be so many stops peppered in it will be slower than buses in the current RapidTO arrangement along a big stretch.

Not to worry through, this thing wont be built anytime before 2050.

Steve Monroe blog post on the update.

As long as this remains a City of Toronto project, this will be nothing more than a St.Clair/Spadina style streetcar in a ROW. It's not going to directly connect to the Crosstown (ie: no through service) and there's going to be so many stops peppered in it will be slower than buses in the current RapidTO arrangement along a big stretch.

Not to worry through, this thing wont be built anytime before 2050.
The stop spacing is actually pretty good, nothing like St Clair,

Through service to the Crosstown would raise the cost substantially, and most riders from that direction are going to and from the Subway.

Back