Didn't they advertise that there will be a direct underground access to the mall in addition to the subway access?

I just learned that there is no direct undeground access to the mall. Is this true?? :(

I remember something about direct underground mall access, as well.

How did you find out that it wasn't true?

I remember something about direct underground mall access, as well.

How did you find out that it wasn't true?

I found out from my PDI session. They said that you can access the mall using the TTC underground access, but then again you have to pay everytime you access TTC subway.

I even remember the sales lady Karen also said that it will have direct underground access to the mall. An old lady was disappointed when she heard that on her PDI. She said that the reason she bought the condo there is because of they advertised that it will have direct underground access to the mall.

http://www.theredpin.com/north-york-condos/emerald-city-condos#top

If it was in the marketing materials, they need to provide it, although it sounds like they will justify it by saying it is via the TTC -- do you actually have to pay at the TTC? Usually you can just walk through the various tunnels without actually going into the section where you have to pay.

If it was in the marketing materials, they need to provide it, although it sounds like they will justify it by saying it is via the TTC -- do you actually have to pay at the TTC? Usually you can just walk through the various tunnels without actually going into the section where you have to pay.

Well from the end of tunnel on the Fairview mall site located in front of Sears, no one can go back in to the tunnel without a metropass. I also remember that if you take the subway entrance the one right in front of Emerald, you will see a TTC booth and you need to pay to continue forward.

Hey Pinklucy, do you mind posting some pictures of your potlights?

Well from the end of tunnel on the Fairview mall site located in front of Sears, no one can go back in to the tunnel without a metropass. I also remember that if you take the subway entrance the one right in front of Emerald, you will see a TTC booth and you need to pay to continue forward.

Hey Pinklucy, do you mind posting some pictures of your potlights?

You are right, to get in the actual tunnel you do need to pay... this happens before you even get underground.

If it's true that there's no direct mall access without having to pay for the subway, I'll be very disappointed. It feels like they advertised something that is barely even a half-truth. If the only way you can get to the mall is through the actual subway station, then they might as well advertise "direct access" to anywhere the subway takes you, as well.

I found out from my PDI session. They said that you can access the mall using the TTC underground access, but then again you have to pay everytime you access TTC subway.

I even remember the sales lady Karen also said that it will have direct underground access to the mall. An old lady was disappointed when she heard that on her PDI. She said that the reason she bought the condo there is because of they advertised that it will have direct underground access to the mall.

http://www.theredpin.com/north-york-condos/emerald-city-condos#top

You already had your PDI?

You are right, to get in the actual tunnel you do need to pay... this happens before you even get underground.

If it's true that there's no direct mall access without having to pay for the subway, I'll be very disappointed. It feels like they advertised something that is barely even a half-truth. If the only way you can get to the mall is through the actual subway station, then they might as well advertise "direct access" to anywhere the subway takes you, as well.

Natalie from Emerald confirmed that there is no direct underground access to the mall. Only the subway right in front of the tower. Very disappointed!

Natalie from Emerald confirmed that there is no direct underground access to the mall. Only the subway right in front of the tower. Very disappointed!

That's definitely not ok... why advertise something that isn't true? Such a trap.

How was it? Are you happy with the place? Did you take any pics?

It looks smaller than what I imagine. The floor plan picture looks bigger especially when they fit all of those furnitures in on the plan. Found many minor things that they need to fix. The PDI pro guy that I had was very helpful and friendly too. I took tons of videos and pictures.

Is there anything we can do collectively as buyers? This is obviously a false advertising.
You will need to get your board on it -- if it was in the marketing materials, and depending on how it was worded, you may have a case to get it identified as a deficiency and have it done.

Back