Hello Beej,

from what I remember in the contract, they do have to let you know ahead of time if someone will be in your unit. This is exactly so that you can be there during that time, should you want to.

The only exception was in case of an emergency (say, a pipe burst in your unit and you're not home... they obv have to come in to try fixing the problem quickly.

Thanks for the response, that is understandable. Does your unit have any damage? (Assuming you have seen it)

Thanks for the response, that is understandable. Does your unit have any damage? (Assuming you have seen it)

We haven't seen our unit yet, but I hope that if there were any type of damage, they'd have let us know by now. We're on the 31st floor, so we'll be one of the last to move in (sometime during the end of February). I wonder how far ahead of time our PDI will be?

Did your unit have damage?

I have recently moved into my unit, and some lady (I assume a cleaning lady) just walked in, do workers or any other employees have access to our units? Also my unit has a lot of damage and nothing has been fixed since my PDI. For a brand new place I am completely disappointed and angry with how poor some of the work was done. If workers eventually come to complete certain defects/deficiencies do they have to let you know when they are going to be showing up? I would like to be there.

No one should just walk in without notice (unless emergency flood, fire) after you took possession. Let Natalie from Emerald knows as this should not happen in the first place.

Sorry, can someone confirm. There is no underground access to the subway and mall for Emerald City One?

It says it right on the webpage that there is underground connection to mall: http://emeraldcitylife.ca/emerald-city-1

The "access" is simply the subway tunnel that goes under Sheppard street. It has nothing to do with Emerald City One, or the Emerald City development at all. Anyone can use it. And even so, all it is is that it gets to cross Sheppard using an underground access, taking you to the mall's parking lot. You still have to walk through the parking lot to the mall.

That was a misleading statement on their part.

The "access" is simply the subway tunnel that goes under Sheppard street. It has nothing to do with Emerald City One, or the Emerald City development at all. Anyone can use it. And even so, all it is is that it gets to cross Sheppard using an underground access, taking you to the mall's parking lot. You still have to walk through the parking lot to the mall.

I should also say... if you're living in EC1, then the entrance to the subway is literally steps from the exit to the building. But no special "underground connection" there, either. Just proximity to the regular subway entrance.

Sorry, can someone confirm. There is no underground access to the subway and mall for Emerald City One?

It says it right on the webpage that there is underground connection to mall: http://emeraldcitylife.ca/emerald-city-1

There is no underground access directly to the subway. The entrance to Don Mills Subway station is a few steps away from the entrance to tower 1. The underground connection to the mall is through the subway station tunnel which takes you to the

Attachments

• Emerald city 1.jpg
    Emerald city 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 445

Sorry for repeating what you said.... I was trying to figure out how to attach photos while you posted :)

Sorry for repeating what you said.... I was trying to figure out how to attach photos while you posted :)

No problem, Canchris7! Good idea with the photos! We took a few as well.

We went randomly on a day that happened to be the same day as the first flood, with water pouring over balconies like waterfalls!

yes there is some damage, pay attention to joints and the window sills.

Sorry to hear that!

Is there anything else we should pay more attention to during the PDI? What did everyone notice was wrong with their unit?

About the elevator, two have been out of service right now and waiting for spare parts. During weekdays, only two elevators are working for contractors, trades, residents, and delivery. You do the math how busy they are during weekdays. Over this past weekend another one was out of service, and then people got stuck in it. There was a point where the other was also out of service. David the security guard acted very fast and called Thyssen elevator. I had to walked up and down with my 3 years old. My suggestion is you have to be prepared to walk down and up the stairs anytime. They said it will be getting better.
I still don't understand why 4 brand new elevators keep malfunctioning. Did they get used elevators (just like used cars) to save cost? Is there any such thing as used elevators LOL?

I was there on the weekend too and I heard people were stuck on the elevators. I was on my floor waiting for the elevators for 20 minutes. The hallways are incredibly warm. I don't know why they have to have the heat on so high. Perhaps they're worried about another pipe burst? I talked to Natalie to ask about the pipes since I read somewhere on this forum that there might be a defect. She mentioned to me that a unit had turned off their heat. Hopefully that's the truth and not because there is a defect.

Has anyone tried installing lights? Is there anything tricky with doing that? Also, I tried to remove the closet shelves off the walls, but those nails/pegs are hard to remove. I'm looking to install a customized closet organizer since there's not enough space for a dresser in my room.

To add to everyone's rants.... The fob card is so ugly. I wish they had those mini grey fob keys rather than a thin plastic card. The parking doors are tricky. I don't know which side to enter because there are no signs. When I tried to enter the visitor's side (on the right), there is nobody to call except security 1000. When I tried to leave the parking lot, it wouldn't automatically open, so I had to rummage through my stuff for the parking lot fob key.

Back