News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The problem there is that people go overboard and start putting things like The Universe's Most Awesome Sex Machine or some other juvenile bullshit. The straightdope message board, which has provided me with countless answers to obscure reference questions, just uses "member", I think. They have Charter Members for those who pay the fee, but other than that they keep it pretty simple.

Really, the thread author has to get over himself.

*tiny little violin playing*

A "little" bit of hipocrisy ?!?

^ Indeed. If the only reason you're here is to get up to 1,000 posts, or whatever number, I have to express my condolences that your life is apparently a bit empty. I for one am not the least bit impressed by such counts. I'm certainly more impressed by a well-thought-out post which extends a discussion or contributes some new information which I had not previously known.

I could name one or two other forums where the posting of drivel is all too common, and I don't really go to those sites any more. I have usually found discussion on this site to be of a higher quality.

Than what is this
( from the same forum / section polls ):

MWSnap001.jpg

and this:

MWSnap003.jpg

besides, why then, and how would some members in just a few days put up together from 50 (!?!) to 90 posts or so on ?

Someone ( unfortunately he's not alone) is not honest, or that's the case of some extraordinary eloquence ???

global warming, violence, discrimination, poverty, war, lying governments...now THOSE are things to get worked up over. But do you not see how silly and trite this entire debate is? Like, what a beautiful life one must lead if they get so upset about this subject...I want their life...or maybe not??!!!

I think that was my bad (I was moving around some old polls and closed a bunch before moving the messages over to relevant threads). I've reopened it!

besides, why then, and how would some members in just a few days put up together from 50 (!?!) to 90 posts or so on ?

Someone ( unfortunately he's not alone) is not honest, or that's the case of some extraordinary eloquence ???

Hmm. 'Eloquence' infers quality, not quantity so much. Loquaciousness on this forum is another thing. Some of us prattle on more than others: the quality of such prattle can rise and fall on a post-by-post basis.

I'm not sure if anyone is posting just to post - the hope is that the writer's POV will be expressed or new information will be presented each time.

There's no harm in having a little fun with the post count though, but it shouldn't be seen as important.

global warming, violence, discrimination, poverty, war, lying governments...now THOSE are things to get worked up over. But do you not see how silly and trite this entire debate is? Like, what a beautiful life one must lead if they get so upset about this subject...I want their life...or maybe not??!!!

So let us change the name from 'Urban Toronto' to Global Warming'
or 'What a beautifull life', or even better: CNN...oh no they have copyrights...

Everyone can complain about how posting about pointless things a lot is a waste of time, but you're all here doing it.

Hey! Up your post count!

Honestly, normally I have things to post about.

Don't mind if I do...

Are there ranks above Member? I used to play Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego on my NES, ad nauseum, and there were like 500 levels of promotions before you got to Super Time Inspector or whatever the highest one was. You needed to write down some gibberish password like XCVBXDVF after each case to continue, but I'd always lose the paper I kept the passwords on, forcing me to start over as a newbie at the ACME detective agency every time I played.

...yeah, I'd post about real stuff, too, but the P&C section is filled with nothing but 20 proposed variations on the boring glass box theme and there's nothing going on in Transportation.

Back