News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the towers, but having townhomes fronting onto Bay St is just dumb. If you're going to have anything fronting onto Bay St, at least make it retail! Why on earth would anyone want to live in those townhomes?

It should be noted that U Condos is not only replacing a parking lot (as it is mentioned in the article) but the majority of Orientation Field belonging to St Michael's College as well.

the view of the city to the west is amazing. The area around U of T feels almost European with a nice mix of high density heritage buildings and open space...

Wow, love the radically original "box clad in glass with balconies" design they've used here. It's so sophisticated.

I'm being sarcastic. aA are truly the most boring architects in this city. I feel asleep while looking at the renderings.

Wow, love the radically original "box clad in glass with balconies" design they've used here. It's so sophisticated.

I'm being sarcastic. aA are truly the most boring architects in this city. I feel asleep while looking at the renderings.

Yah but look at the exotic white stripes that are angled and all white and stuff - doesn't that make up for the lack of compelling architectural design? It seems to work on our city planners.

Last edited:
Scrapergeek: the accents on the glazing (frit I assume?) are actually pretty cool. There's also the diagonal of the balconies gradually moving across the facade as the building goes up. Maybe that's too minimalist for you. Would you prefer those garish Dubai towers seen in that Queens Park mock-up today? Cough!

Big Daddy: it's not the city planners whom the architecture is impressing, it's the unit buyers, who seem to have been happy to buy here. Everyone's taste is different, and since you are mocking mine, I'll mock yours. Oh wait, you don't have any.

The architects looked at Pure Spirits, then they looked at MLS, put 'em together and covered up the mechanical box and voila! Then again, the mechanical box being covered is probably just 'render illusion' doing its thing.

don't know what to think of these yet. sure they're gonna be great for the skyline, but other than that, there are a million different things that could go wrong here. time will tell....:)

If the fritting was more purposeful than just being a decor element, it might make up for the senselessness of building an all-glass, barely insulated building skin in Toronto's climate zone.

Back