News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I also prefer the more advanced coding of this site. Being able to upload images straight to the comment box is a particular plus. Also, the constant news updates about cities around the world are pretty cool.

I'm a pretty good writer, I'd love to start writing articles about Calgary/Canada projects.

I’m Vercingetorix (SSP)

I’m going to assume MichaelS, Habanero, Cowtown, Cyrus, Evolv, DaMaster, Rylucky, Dazzlingdave, Surreal-places, Kora and Mikeilheil are the same dudes from SSP.

I think I know who some of the others are based on comments, but won’t say anything ;-)

I'm Cowtown_tim from SSP.
A few others that have exact names from SSP. Luk_o, Geovertical, Googspecial, Artvandelay, HE Pennypacker.

I'm with you guys, I doubt I'll go back to SSP as a regular if ever. For me it's not about the site itself or the format of the website etc. it's about the members. The good ones are all here, and the ones that I didn't care for are still there. Even if the mods fix things up it won't be enough for me.

I'm going to keep both my accounts, but this will be my go to site.

I’ve been checking out this site for a while and decided to get off my butt and create an account. I found that I was spending more time here anyway. The site I used to frequent is pretty much crap, and I doubt it’s going to get better lol.
Anyhow, I’m glad to see a lot of familiar names. You guys have a good thing going here.

Last edited:
Welcome SA, I tend to agree with you. IMO SSP’s days as the main source for Calgary’s development scene are looking long gone. Simple prognosis IMO...too many of the good members have left and too many of the bad ones remain.
And many of those good members are here.

I’ve been checking out this site for a while and decided to get off my butt and create an account. I found that I was spending more time here anyway. The site I used to frequent is pretty much crap, and I doubt it’s going to get better lol.
Anyhow, I’m glad to see a lot of familiar names. You guys have a good thing going here.

I also prefer the more advanced coding of this site. Being able to upload images straight to the comment box is a particular plus. Also, the constant news updates about cities around the world are pretty cool.

I'm a pretty good writer, I'd love to start writing articles about Calgary/Canada projects.

If you're interested in writing for us, shoot me and @Edward Skira a message!

So I was cruising some of The Great Canadian Skyline threads of SSP and SSC and I gotta say...despite the awesome photos Surreal, this Boris guy and a couple others posted, I felt Calgary was very under represented and cities like Quebec City and Halifax had more postings. Obviously there was the usual Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver pics but not near as many of our, in my opinion, underrated skyline. Is this due to there just being more photographers from those areas or is it something else?

So I was cruising some of The Great Canadian Skyline threads of SSP and SSC and I gotta say...despite the awesome photos Surreal, this Boris guy and a couple others posted, I felt Calgary was very under represented and cities like Quebec City and Halifax had more postings. Obviously there was the usual Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver pics but not near as many of our, in my opinion, underrated skyline. Is this due to there just being more photographers from those areas or is it something else?
Calgary has always been under-represented at SSC and lately it's been the same at SSP. Calgary used to get its fill of skyline shots in at SSP, but the thread was taken over by the Quebec City/Montreal contingent.

Calgary has always been under-represented at SSC and lately it's been the same at SSP. Calgary used to get its fill of skyline shots in at SSP, but the thread was taken over by the Quebec City/Montreal contingent.
Yea I definitely seemed to notice that. I was glad to see Calgary had the third most votes for best skyline. Don't get me wrong Montreal has history and cool architecture but I don't get how anyone could like it's skyline over Calgary's and in saying that I've even grown to appreciate Montreal's skyline more over the last year or so but to me Calgary's density and height completely blow Montreal's away.

Back