News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

To be fair, it's not completed yet. It looks odd without stairs, and the black underneath. I'll wait till it's finished for judgement.

Looks like a sick joke to me. Thank you very much Heritage Toronto/Toronto Preservation Board.

I think we should wait to see how it ends up, but overall they could have incorporated the facade much better..

This building is wretched. It looks terrible and the frontage on Bloor is boring. I laughed when I saw that facade stuck on that inward facing side wall - it's like they want everyone to know that they know what a building is supposed to look like since you would assume that looking at the Bloor Street frontage!

It really is a sick joke. It makes me think the studio was raped and murdered and it's front on the side of the condo is it's head cut off and out for show. Now I know that the Toronto Heritage Board and Preservation Board is a joke.

The best solution here would have been to find somewhere to move the studio instead. Tridel did that on Jarvis, did they not?

I cannot imagine how this poorly conceived attempt at conservation can be salvaged. The view looking at the facade from the side is even more depressing... typical precast modern building with a brick facade attached by 2 feet of glass jutting out.

The developers could have instead added a photo gallery in the lobby as a tribute to the old studio.....

I wonder what the rest of the studio looked like? Was it also worth persevering? If so it should have been relocated OR rebuilt on this site intact much like what is being done at the Shangri La project. If only the front facade was available or worth saving then I don't mind what was done here. It won't look so funny when the steps and courtyard are completed.

Welcome to Urban Toronto, where everyone's a critic. Yeah it looks mismatched, but from the tone of the discussion in here you'd think somebody got murdered.

Back