News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Guide To Shopping At The Gap

LOL!
Okay that last comment really cracked me up.

But anyway,
GB: mmm, yeah. I kinda noticed that too. Stopped buying jeans there a couple years ago because I kept wearing holes through the bum really fast; the material seems thinner or something. Also, gotta be careful with the T-shirts and some of the sweaters, which are similarly lightweight and prone to rips and tears. Last summer though I did pick up a rather pricey Gap rugby shirt which is quite robust.
Just gotta watch I guess.

VICE insults everyone equally. I really got no problem with it, but go ahead and urinate on their windows anyway Shawn. It's not like anyone on Queen would notice anyway. :eek

For those GAP / OLD NAVY / BANANA REPUBLIC fans, you may want to give this site a look: www.behindthelabel.org

JASON :)

Come on now, don't get upset about Vice - you can't be that serious, unless of coures... you're a left-handed, vegetarian, OCAP lesbian. Then perhaps you could make a rather fatous case, although you run the risk of ending up on the "dont's" section. It's probably in your best interest not to find yourself in that situation. I reckon if you have a pair of balls in your underwear you should be able to enjoy it. After all they really just want to take the piss out of everything, with no harm intended. Tempted to pick up the book they put out late last year...

Floodland, i'm two of things, i think. Perhaps it's just not my humour - i mean, i'm not above dumb humour at all, but it's just that hipper-than-they-know-what's-good-for-them thing that is neat for a bit, then like soooooooooo boring and banal.

Darkstar:

Yeah, you're right of course about the "axis of evil" (aka Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy) - but sadly, they're also the only ones who make clothes I'd WANT to wear :rolleyes

LB:

And whoever their suppliers are, it's inconsistent - black Ts can have different shades, ditto khakis. Their sweaters are okay though.

Too bad Aka Eddie Bauer is gone - their stuff is practically indestructable.

GB

I buy clothes either in kensington... orrr at value village... and I buy shoes at get outside sometimesss... or else at groove... and otherways purchase things online... oh... and I also get clothes from the store I work at...

Shawn,

I'm left-handed if it's going to make you feel better :D

Actually, I don't find the Zara prices to be too competitive.

I shop at Club Monaco, most of my clothes are from Club Monaco. My other fave is H&M, fell in love with it in Austria.

WHat do you guys buy at Zara? what are the prices like?

Hi
I am surprised more people don't know about little one of a kind clothes stores.

We all know about the big chains.

I get alot of my clothes from MEXX in Eaton Centre. I love that store. I walk in, and usually find something.

I also get a number of my clothes from THE BAY QUEEN STREET. They have the best selection ever of mens clothes.

I dont understand how left handed people got lumped into that previous statement. For the record, I too am left handed.

garden> that is your cross to bear i suppose.

Zara is in the same price range as Club Monaco. But ya, lately its been super Eurotrash, just like that crappy dance music that is everpresent. blah.

non chain>

I think i mentioned Jet Rag as being good. Envelope on Church Street is nice sometimes. Delphic on Queen West West is good. I dunno, toronto is good, but it ain't new york or montreal.

I have no idea what Eurotrash is (since I not akin to fashions in other parts of the world), but I know what I like and I like some of what Zara sells (though others pieces I would never wear).

So I guess I'm a Eurotrash wannabe! :D

Shawnmicallef,,

re: non chain
- what would you say is a great non chain Jean shop?? I'd like to go out and buy a couple of stylish jeans to wear when I go back to Paris in April.

Who cares where it comes from? If it looks good and fits well, buy it. Noone is going to follow after you checking out your labels....and if they do, you need to surround yourself in a different crowd.

Labels are best hidden.....but certain makers of things make their things fit better than other makers. and often they look better too. brand whores generally don't look good.

jeans> why not wait until you're in paris to buy clothes?? um, sadly, me and karl lagerfield are advocates of Diesel Jeans. They are over priced, but they seem to be the best. you can goto Rainbow on Yorkville Ave or Gigolo's on College across from the Royal Cinema.

Low Rise is the key:

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs...fe/Fashion

Back