News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Too many Randy's! ... apparently

In ethics hearing about Liberal minister, business exec admits he lied to a reporter​

Sooo...

My favourite headline tag line of the day, sadly likely destined to be one of my favourites of all time:

"Is the girl-boss era coming to an ignoble end?"

"The Liberals are never held accountable for the female sacrificial lambs they send out for slaughter to save the position of a mediocre man."

From The Hill Times

:(

I have some good free advise for the PM, which he would probably be wise to take this time - don't mess with Frida!

She may be loyal ... so far, but don't forget the KGB underestimated her and she made them look foolish in the end.

I continue to have a great deal of admiration and respect for Biden, despite all his recent likely age related difficulties. He yet again has put his country first and has done what is right.

I wish some other politicians who have been around too long would put their ego and delusions aside and do likewise.

Not sure why i got onto this but was looking at the population clock and decided to compare current federal parliament current seat count under the new allotments if a election were held today to see which provinces are under/over represented. I know there are numerous reasons why smaller provinces have better representation so not saying it necessarily should be exactly equal. I wasn't surprised Ontario was the most under represented province in terms of actual seats but was a bit surprised Sask was most overrepresented as things stand currently. AB about right where I would expect it after gaining 3 new seats in most recent redistribution round.

ProvinceSeat AllocationCurrent pop July 23, 2024ppl/seatSeats if even (using 121,629/seat) *among provinces onlyDifference from current (seat numbers)
ON
122​
133.2​
11.2​
QC
78​
74.9​
-3.1​
BC
43​
47.0​
4.0​
AB
37​
40.4​
3.4​
MB
14​
12.3​
-1.7​
SK
14​
10.2​
-3.8​
NS
11​
8.9​
-2.1​
NB
10​
7.1​
-2.9​
NL
7​
4.5​
-2.5​
PEI
4​
1.5​
-2.5​
All
340​

Interesting. While Alberta's difference is only 3 seats or so, I suspect that 40 vs. 37 may make more difference here than say where in Ontario they wouldn't notice almost a dozen because well they still decide elections anyways.

Interesting. While Alberta's difference is only 3 seats or so, I suspect that 40 vs. 37 may make more difference here than say where in Ontario they wouldn't notice almost a dozen because well they still decide elections anyways.

I would look at it a little more granularly than that. Ontario delivers very diverse results for all 3 parties, rather than the Conservative wall that comes from Alberta. Ontario doesn't really function as an electoral monolith that decides elections. There isn't really an electoral path for any party that doesn't rely on other regions in addition to Ontario seats.

That said, a huge proportion of ridings that can easily move between parties are in suburban Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver - and especially Greater Toronto. I'd suggest that framing.

I would look at it a little more granularly than that. Ontario delivers very diverse results for all 3 parties, rather than the Conservative wall that comes from Alberta. Ontario doesn't really function as an electoral monolith that decides elections. There isn't really an electoral path for any party that doesn't rely on other regions in addition to Ontario seats.

That said, a huge proportion of ridings that can easily move between parties are in suburban Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver - and especially Greater Toronto. I'd suggest that framing.
While this is true, I look at it a bit differently than that. Yes on a granular level all three parties do win seats in Ontario and are competitive in others.

But if a party wants to become government it generally needs to win a majority or more of the seats in Ontario and that is usually what happens.

Most of Alberta's 37 seats provide a good boost for the Conservatives and help lower the threshold elsewhere a bit, but on their own they do not do it.

Back