News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I doubt anyone outside the GTA cares about Mississauga. It is just an adjunct to Toronto. Do you think anyone cares if something is filmed in "Aurora"? It is just Chicago. Same for Mississauga.

Wayne's World was set in Aurora, but only certain outdoor shots were filmed there, the rest in L.A.

edit - sorry, I accidentally deleted the rest of my post. I was going to add I think it was just the second unit which filmed in Aurora - would that even garner a "filmed on location in Chicago" credit or even a "thanks to the municipality of Aurora" credit? Does any screen time automatically require they thank/credit the place where it was filmed?

One would think they might possibly acknowledge Aurora since the film takes place there even if only seconds of it was actually filmed on location, but the Sentinel does not take place in Mississauga at all.

Mississauga appears to only be captured on film in two, possibly miniscule, shots of the exterior of two houses...there's no way they'll say "filmed in Mississauga" separately when they're guaranteed to already be saying "filmed on location in Toronto."

^
How is that in any way relevant to the topic? Its just an example. If something were filmed in Aurora, they would say Chicago.

If you look closely at the trailer, you can see some TPS uniforms. At least, the red stripes struck me as distinctive. Is the Toronto Police uniform at all distinctive?

Sherway Gardens, eh? I was kinda hoping it would be the Eaton Centre.

okay movie, big stars, and Toronto looked totally amazing in the flick... the constant overhead shots made City Hall look small, but the opening 'fly in' camera shot when they first arrive in Toronto was simply amazing... the trees from the Islands and the summer skyline created a beautiful and stunning image! bravo! .. WE WANT MORE ... this will hopefully break the ice and other movies will start to openly set themselves in our great metropolis...

pretty neat hearing cheers and applause during the movie when that opening skyline shot was playing... moviegoers were going nuts... great to finally see!

On my way back to Toronto on Thursday (from Windsor) I took Highway 3 (sick of the 401), which follows Lake Erie, and I could pick up Cleveland stations. Their traffic reporters were talking of street closings because they're filming Spiderman 3, and added over and over, how "cool" and great that is.

One of the great things about AM radio is how far it travels (especially at night). The signals basically "jump" (unlike FM) before fading out. Therefore, even in downtown T.O. one can pick-up WCBS 880AM and WABC 770AM from New York City and a variety of Chicago stations as well with surprisingly clarity. Up in cottage country, the situation is even clearer even though one is actually further away. In fact, it can be quite fun driving over the Humber Hump and listening to a report about a traffic jam in the Lincoln Tunnel.

This was an FM station I was hearing -- straight across the lake from Cleveland (hmm I wonder if good radios in Rochester can pick up our CN Tower generated FM).

But the AM thing is neat -- when we would go to Nova Scotia in summers, my dad would listen to Tiger games on WJR 760.

I would listen to 680 in the 1980s in Windsor, to hear about bits of wonderful Toronto -- and for a period, fell asleep at night in Grade 8 listening to the Chicago all news station....called The Loop, or something.

I used to do that too - listen to the traffic conditions on the Eisenhower - once in a while, I'd even pick up St. Louis. Up in Timmins I got CFRB. That was the pre-internet days for you.

i saw keifer smoking outside the Strand one day last summer. they film so many movies in the area but i hardly ever find out what the actual movie they were filming was - even rarer do i actually see the movie.

it was fun seeing the building i work in on fire at the end of the first resident evil movie - only reason to watch that movie.

Back