News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Isn't it minimum 3 months of testing for the TTC? Feel like even the road paving won't be done for january 1st
Road paving has no bearing on testing the line and don't expect real testing will get underway this year. If real testing starts in January or February, the line could be in service by June or sooner. It could be later depending when testing starts.

There maybe some testing this year to do the burn in requirements as well training and need to have a look which will not happen until late Oct at this time for me.

Road paving has no bearing on testing the line and don't expect real testing will get underway this year. If real testing starts in January or February, the line could be in service by June or sooner. It could be later depending when testing starts.

There maybe some testing this year to do the burn in requirements as well training and need to have a look which will not happen until late Oct at this time for me.
I mentioned paving as last time I drove the length of the line you had to drive OVER the tracks when going straight (multiple times too)

road.png

I mentioned paving as last time I drove the length of the line you had to drive OVER the tracks when going straight (multiple times too)

View attachment 510015
I did the same thing the last time I drove the route as roads were still being built. The remaining of the year will see less crossing of the track areas to allow tracks to be built where they are currently missing.

From your photo, the road is mainly built and looks like Islington area or the creek area with the creek area been the location as it was the last location been worked on when I last saw the line. Still have to install the poles and the OS there.

I did the same thing the last time I drove the route as roads were still being built. The remaining of the year will see less crossing of the track areas to allow tracks to be built where they are currently missing.

From your photo, the road is mainly built and looks like Islington area or the creek area with the creek area been the location as it was the last location been worked on when I last saw the line. Still have to install the poles and the OS there.
Do they have to wait until a crossover is built? Or do they just reverse when they get to the end of the "active" line

Do they have to wait until a crossover is built? Or do they just reverse when they get to the end of the "active" line
No, as they would do a back and forth on a single track using one or 2 car set until the crossovers can be used. Downside is that you can only have one on the line at a time. From what I understand, this took place for the east section when the first few cars arrived.

We will have to disagree on land acknowledgements I'm afraid - it's an important piece of recognising and acknowledging the indigenous peoples of a land.
But they are meaningless, when Metrolinx simultaneously doesn't deal with the First Nations in good faith. That's come up more than once during various consultations.

Doesn't that make the acknowledgements meaningless, as they never provide context for the First Nation consultation during the meetings.

But they are meaningless, when Metrolinx simultaneously doesn't deal with the First Nations in good faith. That's come up more than once during various consultations.

Doesn't that make the acknowledgements meaningless, as they never provide context for the First Nation consultation during the meetings.
I thought that was from a group that doesn't actually represent a bigger group and they only want money.

They talked about major construction being done by the end of the year. It looks like it'll be hard to achieve from what I see although they do have 3 months. At a minimum hopefully the zig zagging will be done though, even if all the lanes aren't fully restored.

It would be cool if they opened Finch West and Eglinton at the same time, so they only have to update the system map once.
The contractor first used crayon on the map which wasn't the desired finish and didn't scale, then the contractor put the line on the map in the wrong place so that will need to be torn up, there is a potential renaming of Oakwood Station to Centennial College Station at Oakwood (yes, we know the college and station are nowhere near each other, this is "branding") which could further delay things. Summary, we can give no commitment on when the new maps will be ready.

Was on finch today. My doctor thinks I’m lying to her and that I surely had laser eye surgery. That’s how good my vision is. And guess what. That signage is way too small. I mean I can see it. But i shouldn’t have to think about it. The signs should be big and bold.

Was on finch today. My doctor thinks I’m lying to her and that I surely had laser eye surgery. That’s how good my vision is. And guess what. That signage is way too small. I mean I can see it. But i shouldn’t have to think about it. The signs should be big and bold.
context please. how far were you standing? which sign are you referring to?

Back