News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

They have made good progress in the past few months, but I don't think everything will be done by the end of the year there's a lot of little things left to do. I think by spring it'll be done for the most part, but I could be wrong.

That CP rail path will be interesting I would think they will have to demolish the existing sidewalks and retaining wall and then carve out a tunnel in the embankment under the tracks to fit everything in. It also seems that this work is starting quite late in this process.

View attachment 521928
Substantial Completion is only required for the end of 2023 and this is mainly for the ROW with the balance done in 2024.

This means traffic is in their own lanes regardless of it been only a single, Same for sidewalks and cycles lanes been not completed.

As long as substantial completion is done for ML to get use of the ROW by year end to start full testing, the balance of the outstanding work can be completed in 2024 as far as I know,

I had by doute last and early this year that substantial completion wouldn't happen as planned and would be Q1 2024. They have made great process since spring and very clear on my last trip a few weeks ago the LRT will be running by summer, but a lot of roadwork, sidewalk and Cycles Path must have to be done.

According to their in house team they had to create them ahead of stations like the 407 opening.

I would imagine other signage in the stations used something similar (Futura), but not the same as the station name in the tiles.
Sorry for the delay, but I had to figure out which station(s) I'd seen the font in tiles, and grab a photo in passing.

In particular I've noticed the font at Main Station and Victoria Park, for the elevator numbers (codes, whatever they are). Nearby at Woodbine, and at other BD stations I've looked at they seem to be on an old plaque or something instead.

So presumably these were done in 1968? Why else would it have been only added on 1968 stations. I'd guess there's similar at Islington, Jane, Warden, etc. But I've not visited these recently.
1700873587182.png

It would be interesting to see some vintage photos to see if they are there. The font for the numbers does match the current TTC font online - but there was a lot of retiling done at Victoria park with all the renovations as part of accessibility and new bus terminal.

Sorry for the delay, but I had to figure out which station(s) I'd seen the font in tiles, and grab a photo in passing.

In particular I've noticed the font at Main Station and Victoria Park, for the elevator numbers (codes, whatever they are). Nearby at Woodbine, and at other BD stations I've looked at they seem to be on an old plaque or something instead.

So presumably these were done in 1968? Why else would it have been only added on 1968 stations. I'd guess there's similar at Islington, Jane, Warden, etc. But I've not visited these recently.

It would be interesting to see some vintage photos to see if they are there. The font for the numbers does match the current TTC font online - but there was a lot of retiling done at Victoria park with all the renovations as part of accessibility and new bus terminal.

Yeah I tried looking for some of Joe Clark's old photos of all the type in the system, but it looks like they are gone.

Not sure if they just didn't have the original drawings for the numerals then, and that's why they claim they had to create them.

I will ask this question and other places and if I get an answers for it, I will give everyone something to laugh at.

How lone would it take to installed poles and the OS for 8 and 10 Km like Crosstown and Finch???

They wont be useful for anything asides from a nice light sprinkle of rain. The moment any kind of precipitation gets heavy with some wind, those shelters will have virtually no value.
Do we smell a boondoggle?

Back