News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I should grab a photo, but the Humber College station facades of the LRT now have giant "T"s on them.

What does the "T" stand for? "Terrific"? "lrT"? "doug fordT"?

Very confused.
This was asked during the FWLRT open house. Here is the answer (hard to provide a direct link):

1687456672958.png

I was not expecting to see it in the actual built up stations but maybe its still a place holder until the final signs are ready?

This was asked during the FWLRT open house. Here is the answer (hard to provide a direct link):

View attachment 487164

I was not expecting to see it in the actual built up stations but maybe its still a place holder until the final signs are ready?
Wait, its still considered a placeholder? Its plastered on every crosstown station, its found on so many new bus stop poles as well as GO Station signage, I feel like we've moved beyond it being considered a "placeholder".

The only thing that makes sense to me is the Moderator is referring to the slightly different design that was showcased in many earlier renderings of Lines 5 and 6 where the T literally was an inverted MBTA logo, which while that does make the response here accurate - its also very misleading. The guy was questioning the need to have a T logo at all, and the value of the regional transit logo. The fact is that comparing the "final" and "placeholder" logos is a massive game of "spot the difference" - It doesn't really change the point the guy was making.

Last edited:
I should grab a photo, but the Humber College station facades of the LRT now have giant "T"s on them.

What does the "T" stand for? "Terrific"? "lrT"? "doug fordT"?

Very confused.
Part of Metrolinx's rebranding efforts is to "harmonize" the appearance of signage across the region.

The circle-T logo is the new standard for anything to do with boarding or disembarking transit. GO train stations will have it, rapid transit stations will have it, in-road LRT & BRT stops will have it, and roadside stops for buses will have it.

Dan

Hmm.
Sounds like the circle T is the generic indicator for transit, and below that is the logo of the specific service provider.
yeah and enterly pointles unless you buy into the stuf that metlionx and ther wayfinding expert are selling and somehow it's su[posed to regonalize public tansit and hl[p [ppe to betert be ab;le to find a public tansit stop or sation.

^this may sound like a dumb question , but what does the T stand for ??
Oh - it wasn’t totally obvious? /s

My tongue is firmly in cheek. It’s Metrolinx’s totally generic “could be anywhere in the world” signage to indicate that this is a transit station.

What sort of transit? That is an exercise for the commuter.

Back