News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The delivery date for the project component on which I have insight is a delay of greater than 15 months past the original target date.
That's interesting - no need to be snarky with the previously very vague statements. Us two are not the only ones reading this.

We've certainly haven't had them suing Metrolinx for more money (yet). I've tried to dig into the various Eglinton lawsuits, but the shear number of them (hundreds?) on the website for the courts makes it near impossible to easily find. It would be interesting to check for Finch. Such (I'm sure we both know) is the nature of construction. But the Crosslinx ones seemed extreme.

The nature of the problems encountered have comparatively little to do with Covid.

That's interesting - no need to be snarky with the previously very vague statements. Us two are not the only ones reading this.

I apologize if the response was unduly abrasive.

Suffice to say, I do need to be vague about the nature of the issues.

I have no idea how much, if any of it, has been or will be litigated, but suffice to say my obligation is to protect my source.

... I do need to be vague about the nature of the issues.

I have no idea how much, if any of it, has been or will be litigated, but suffice to say my obligation is to protect my source.
Absolutely understandable. Certainly the general impression I've (I think most of us) received is that this is going better than Eglinton. The proof though, will be in the pudding.

Absolutely understandable. Certainly the general impression I've (I think most of us) received is that this is going better than Eglinton. The proof though, will be in the pudding.

I don't have a source on the Crosstown, beyond what others have said here at UT (and the media).

But I think its probably a fair conclusion that the issues on the Finch project are materially less in scale and scope than those on Crosstown.

For all that, they are more than one might hope or plan for.

I'll give them a free pass for the X months of their Covid delays. And if the Citadis vehicles cause the delay, as they weren't part of package. And if TTC screws them too much over on operating.

Heck, I'd give a heavily discounted pass if they don't ask for extra money (beyond the Covid and Citadis delays). TTC screwing them should be foreseeable :)

I would guess the biggest delay is in the culvert at Lindy Lou Park west of weston road as that is the most behind right now. They said in the news that section had a lot of complex utilities under it, I think there's a creek under it, they were still playing around that section the other day and don't look close to being finished. The trains have all been delivered, track is pretty much laid everywhere except there and stations look somewhat close to being done.

I walked by Finch West Station today. The station name has been installed. The outer facade of the building is quite close to completion.
IMG_4339.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

I see they've a lot of space at both the front and the end for the operator to add their own logo and route symbol.

I also note that the Line 5 stations didn't follow this guideline.

1690748966912.png
1690749043582.png

And are using a wheelchair symbol that's not in the guideline. Still plenty of space for a 5

Back