News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Good choice. How long has it been?
I'm at 17 years sugar-free and can't fathom how I ever did use sugar like that.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, it's gotta be since the 1980s. The only time I add sugar to anything is if it called for in a recipe. I very seldom put salt on anything either.
You just gave me a terrible thought: ketchup on trout or salmon. I think I would kick the bucket right then and there..
I was thinking of deep-fried, as in the traditional fish and chips. I don't know if it is some batter or the temperature but I find some can come out greasy. For pan fried, broiled, etc. a spot of lemon usually does it. I find cod to be 'oily' (and did my digestive system a right mischief a couple of years ago in Nfld.). Although most freshwater fish aren't too bad, Lake Trout if they fish was older and has that layer of darker meat on the outside - I usually remove it.

Wow, it's gotta be since the 1980s. The only time I add sugar to anything is if it called for in a recipe. I very seldom put salt on anything either.
Good on ya.

I was thinking of deep-fried, as in the traditional fish and chips. I don't know if it is some batter or the temperature but I find some can come out greasy. For pan fried, broiled, etc. a spot of lemon usually does it. I find cod to be 'oily' (and did my digestive system a right mischief a couple of years ago in Nfld.). Although most freshwater fish aren't too bad, Lake Trout if they fish was older and has that layer of darker meat on the outside - I usually remove it.

What on Earth?! Don't tell me you throw it out! That's the best part!
:(

Fax it to me next time.

I almost only eat oily fish or fish in oil. It's good for your brain and is in fact how we evolved our brains to think abstractly: by the introduction of long-chain fatty acids. True biological evolutionary story.

Good on ya.

What on Earth?! Don't tell me you throw it out! That's the best part!
:(

Fax it to me next time.

I almost only eat oily fish or fish in oil. It's good for your brain and is in fact how we evolved our brains to think abstractly: by the introduction of long-chain fatty acids. True biological evolutionary story.
Perhaps a flashback from my youth when mom fed us a spoon of cod liver oil.

Oi @lenaitch ....I had to do it....I had cod liver and oil on toast for dinner tonight. Thought of you. hahaha

I didn't sip on the oil this time because I tripped myself out about Vit A toxicity which is a very real thing.

Still, quite tasty.

Oi @lenaitch ....I had to do it....I had cod liver and oil on toast for dinner tonight. Thought of you. hahaha

I didn't sip on the oil this time because I tripped myself out about Vit A toxicity which is a very real thing.

Still, quite tasty.

For the record, you are both less nuts than most people think; and more nuts than you admit!

LOL

I used to get Cod Liver Oil as a kid, in the capsules.

My mom thought it was nuts that I would break the capsules w/my teeth and taste the oil.........which honestly didn't taste that bad.

The bigger issue was how chewy the glycerin capsules were..............

That said...................As dinner................ya............no........not a chance..............no way.............period, full-stop.

Last edited:
You guys are soft.

It's delicious. Vitamin A is important for your eyesight, and gene transcription, immune function, and good for your skin!
Cod liver also contains decent amounts of omega-3 fatty acids for your heart and brain!

Yeah, @Northern Light .....those glycerin caps are gnarly to chew on. Use to dose Vit E which is in those same caps.

For the record, you both less nuts than most people think; and more nuts than you admit!

LOL

I used to get Cod Liver Oil as a kid, in the capsules.

My mom thought it was nuts that I would break the capsules w/my teeth and taste the oil.........which honestly didn't taste that bad.

The bigger issue was how chewy the glycerin capsules were..............

That said...................As dinner................ya............no........not a chance..............no way.............period, full-stop.
If gelcaps had been invented when I was a kid I might not have minded so much. Oil, animal, vegetable, dino (don't ask) doesn't necessarily taste 'bad' - it tastes like, well, oil, but when you are a kid, it tasted like medicine, and medicine back in the '50s didn't come in fun flavours.

You guys are soft.

It's delicious. Vitamin A is important for your eyesight, and gene transcription, immune function, and good for your skin!
Cod liver also contains decent amounts of omega-3 fatty acids for your heart and brain!

Yeah, @Northern Light .....those glycerin caps are gnarly to chew on. Use to dose Vit E which is in those same caps.

LMAO, soft is relative.

Though, I'll concede, I would not be up to spending 7-10 hours a day on my knees on a roof; if that's soft, I have lots of company.

Of course............ahem............someone who thinks taking longer than 10 minutes to cook dinner is exhausting........might also be seen as soft.

:p

If gelcaps had been invented when I was a kid I might not have minded so much. Oil, animal, vegetable, dino (don't ask) doesn't necessarily taste 'bad' - it tastes like, well, oil, but when you are a kid, it tasted like medicine, and medicine back in the '50s didn't come in fun flavours.

Fun flavours like Buckleys?

LOL

I honestly think we could avoid a lot of prison time by sentencing someone to drink that stuff twice daily for a month............who would ever commit a crime again after that?

Though, is it as bad as cherry-flavoured Benadryl? Man.........tough call.

Though, I'll concede, I would not be up to spending 7-10 hours a day on my knees on a roof; if that's soft, I have lots of company.

Knees? Only some days. Scaffolds are involved. Doing lots of architectural metal and tile work as well as facade work. :D Still a lot of climbing and twisting and other calisthenic endeavours.

And where'd you get 10 hours? What am I a father of children? An immigrant? 7 hours is plenty. ;)

Of course............ahem............someone who thinks taking longer than 10 minutes to cook dinner is exhausting........might also be seen as soft.

:p
hahaha....oi....it's not exhausting, it's just not good value on a calorie per calorie basis. Know what I mean? :p

And where'd you get 10 hours? </quote>

I was giving you maximum credit to save myself the risk of under-estimating.
hahaha....oi....it's not exhausting, it's just not good value on a calorie per calorie basis. Know what I mean? :p

Nope, have no idea what you're talking about..............I enjoyed a lovely Linguine Bolognese tonight, w/ground pork, ground beef, garlic, grated carrot, diced celery, 1 cup of Italian white wine, 1 cup of milk, fresh thyme, and 2 tablespoonfuls of tomato paste, simmered for 2 hours.

Along side a lovely Italian Sangiovese from the Tuscany region of Italy..............

I earned every calorie and enjoyed it accordingly.

And no, I did not have all the sauce, the rest is in 2 freezer containers. LOL

I was giving you maximum credit to save myself the risk of under-estimating.
Yeah....we ARE still supposed to go to four day weeks which woudl necessitate 10 hour days which will probably just end up being 8-9 hour days, not gonna lie.

Nope, have no idea what you're talking about..............I enjoyed a lovely Linguine Bolognese tonight, w/ground pork, ground beef, garlic, grated carrot, diced celery, 1 cup of Italian white wine, 1 cup of milk, fresh thyme, and 2 tablespoonfuls of tomato paste, simmered for 2 hours.

Along side a lovely Italian Sangiovese from the Tuscany region of Italy..............

I earned every calorie and enjoyed it accordingly.
Sounds good but how many calories did you put into making it and waiting for it to be done? Is what I meant.

And no, I did not have all the sauce, the rest is in 2 freezer containers. LOL
Oh come on! Fax that ish!!! I'm stuck here eating tins of cod liver like some sort of latter-day Viking degen.

You guys are soft.

Thanks, but I'll stick to taking my vitamins and fatty acids in their original packaging - the fish.

Back