8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Chris_Hull

Member Bio
Reaction score
hey folks, here is a question - i am considerring to buy a five's ph i br unit with 10' ceiling, good layout and a huge balcony(310 sqf), east exposure. On the other hand, i could buy a regular 1 br suite in karma or future casa 2 with 9' ceiling and with a better exposure (eg. southwest exposure) at similar price. which one do u guys think will be better for me? it's so hard for me to make a decision..

Casa 2 is not for sale yet. If you are buying one unit go for resale I think it is a safer bet. If you are an investor looking to diversify your portfolio then look at Five, they might have some left over units with some incentives.

Why is preconstruction your only option?

I think all three buildings are in great locations but I don't think it's a good time to be investing in real estate right now with such uncertain world-wide economic problems, just my 2¢.
If I were confident enough to buy a unit to live in I'd do my research and ask myself many questions. What amenities are important to me, what suite design best fits my lifestyle, are suites separated by concrete/cinder block or double drywall, can I wait "x" years until move-in and carefully check the developers reputation for building quality projects.

I think all three buildings are in great locations but I don't think it's a good time to be investing in real estate right now with such uncertain world-wide economic problems, just my 2¢.
If I were confident enough to buy a unit to live in I'd do my research and ask myself many questions. What amenities are important to me, what suite design best fits my lifestyle, are suites separated by concrete/cinder block or double drywall, can I wait "x" years until move-in and carefully check the developers reputation for building quality projects.

great, thank u toronto geek~~

Well between the three--Five is guaranteed to rise, Karma's choice suites are probably already spoken for and so I'd go with Casa 2. But why not wait a bit longer for the coming monsters in the Bloor-Yorkville area?

Well between the three--Five is guaranteed to rise, Karma's choice suites are probably already spoken for and so I'd go with Casa 2. But why not wait a bit longer for the coming monsters in the Bloor-Yorkville area?

I think Casa2 will be expensive as well and its view is obstructed significantly by the surrounding building. btw, i also prefer Five's location more than Casa2's. Five is at Yonge west and close to Bloor-Yorkville, Queen's Park, University of Toronto and subway stn while casa2 is at Yonge east.

Last edited:
I think Casa2 will be expensive as well and its view is obstructed significantly by the surrounding building. btw, i also prefer Five's location more than Casa2's. Five is at Yonge west and close to Bloor-Yorkville, Queen's Park, University of Toronto and subway stn while casa2 is at Yonge east.

Casa2 hasn't launched yet. The other two projects you may have got the least fav units by investors and at a higher price.

You could wait for
197 Yonge St
460 Yonge
501 Yonge
or
609 Sherbourne

Back