8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

tokinup

Member Bio
Reaction score
Guys, has anyone here successfully used a flat-fee mls service for Toronto (gta) ?

If so, I'd be grateful if you'd share your experience and more importantly, who you used.

Ive found a few by googling, but they look pretty shady.

Thanks very much.

We got a great price on our unit because the flat fee mls service the seller used was happy just to sell the unit. The agent didn't really advocated for the seller, it was underpriced. The seller could have gotten more for the unit. But hey, if the seller accepted the offer I'm assuming they were happy with it.

some people dont know how to negotiate !! youre right.

But didn't the seller save on the realtor commission? Therefore they were able to offer their unit for a reduced price relative to other units, sell quickly, and possibly still come out with more money from the sale than if they had used a realtor..

youre right groovyg! Can anyone recommend a service in the gta ?!

Theres ihatecommissions.com , but theyre in ottawa. Not sure if this one would work well for gta listings.

I don't think he saved much because he could have at least got $15000 more then what we paid for. Luckily I have a great agent.

There are pros and cons for using the flat fee listings, but this will leave the negotiation process up to you.

If you are looking for a service in the GTA I'd recommend checking out www.CloudRealEstate.ca. They currently have a special for Flat Fee and list specifically on the Toronto Board. They also help you with your measurements etc so it's no hassle. Do read their top 10 section. Gives you some useful information about their services and about what to consider before picking an MLS listing company.

I've been working on building out a Flat Fee information website. Should be up shortly and will give users a bunch of information about listing your home for a flat fee on the MLS system. www.flatfee101.com It's not fully functional yet but will be soon so definitely check it out when you get a chance!

In the mean time be careful about the services you pick. There are many of bad services out there for every good one. Full Disclosure - I'm actually friends with the owner @ CloudRealEstate.ca and Simon helped me sell my home. Great guy, great service and way better than the competition in the neighbourhood. Believe me I called many!. He actually goes to your home to help you out. Definitely worth considering or at least checking out!

Last edited:

Back