News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Looks great. Good candidate for renting out the 2nd room too if need be with the placement of the bedrooms and bathrooms. Unit is huge.

I was thinking that I would not need the second bedroom and I would prefer a huge living/dining. The drywall for the second bedroom can be always added back again if needed. Also extending the kitchen island by 2ft and adding a breakfast bar would give a lot of counter space. I was also thinking in removing the small walls in the bedroom that make the closet and leave it open to install some custom built-in wardrobes with doors. See attached. Thoughts?

Also I think it's better to have a shower in the second bathroom instead of a bathtub. The unit has 11ft ceilings

Attachments

• NewPlanHarlowe.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 597
  • closetscustombuiltin.jpg
    closetscustombuiltin.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
I really like the layout - it's very square/rectangular and thus usable. 11ft ceilings is crazy! *jealous* I'm also aligned with your modifications:
  • stretch the island lengthwise
  • add breakfast bar to the island
  • I really like the extra space you get by removing the second bedroom entirely
    • The living/dining now gets the extra window light, very nice!
    • However, have you considered the need for a room for quiet/space? Given enough real estate, I really like having a separate den where I can work or read
  • I'm not sold on removing the main bedroom's walk-in-closet wall, but I don't absolutely hate it either
Love it overall!

I was thinking that I would not need the second bedroom and I would prefer a huge living/dining. The drywall for the second bedroom can be always added back again if needed. Also extending the kitchen island by 2ft and adding a breakfast bar would give a lot of counter space. I was also thinking in removing the small walls in the bedroom that make the closet and leave it open to install some custom built-in wardrobes with doors. See attached. Thoughts?

Also I think it's better to have a shower in the second bathroom instead of a bathtub. The unit has 11ft ceilings

Definitely take out the bathtub in the second bathroom, create a nice shower. Other than that, great space! Tripwire is right, add a breakfast bar/stretch the island!

It's a good floor plan, but I would change the double sink in the MB to single. I would also reconfigure the master closet: It takes up a LOT of space.

Back