I don't think anyone can sell until they get possession. Once that happens I would bet there will be units for sale. But no one knows at the moment when that will happen.

PDI for 500 St Clair W

Hi

I just did my PDI prior to moving into my unit next week. There were some changes to the plan that I didn't expect such as a lowered bathroom ceiling and no wall between the kitchen and the hallway. Generally the PDI went well but I found there were a number of small scratches and chips everywhere that will require touch ups. I printed out the guidelines on the Tarion web site and found it helpful. There were also a couple of more substantial things that I noticed that will need repair or that were missing. The Lash rep noted all my concerns but it was up to me to spot them.

The lobby is a construction zone with workmen in hard hats running around. The Lash rep said it would be much improved by the time I moved in. None of the amenities are ready. Some like the gym may be ready in mid or end of April. A concierge is on duty from 8:30 to 8:30 p.m. It's all very basic -- livable but not pleasant. The views from my floor are very good and I couldn't hear the street noise when the windows were closed.

People moving in later this month or next month may not find as many small details that need attention as I did since the developers will have had time to address them.

My letter re the PDI asked that I not bring anyone to the PDI and I respected that but Tarion says you can bring someone as another pair of eyes.

Although Lash/Goldman communications say we can make communications arrangements with either Bell or Rogers, I found out that if you prefer other providers for some services there's no problem.

Can't think of anything else but feel free to ask questions.

Stella

I don't think anyone can sell until they get possession. Once that happens I would bet there will be units for sale. But no one knows at the moment when that will happen.

Ah I see, I was thinking more along the lines of "assignment" where the owner is able to "assign" the unit to a new buyer with permission from the builder. There's been many of these in the building I'm staying in and the unit I'm renting has been flipped twice before the building was registered.

Cheers,

kdm

Hi Stella, thanks for the update. Hopefully they get all the little things in your unit sorted out before you take possession. Regarding the PDI, did you receive a follow up letter asking you not to bring anyone with you? I've received notification of the date of the PDI but nothing more.

Too, how long did it take you to go through the unit?

Last edited:
Pdi

Hi Stella, thanks for the update. Hopefully they get all the little things in your unit sorted out before you take possession. Regarding the PDI, did you receive a follow up letter asking you not to bring anyone with you? I've received notification of the date of the PDI but nothing more.

Too, how long did it take you to go through the unit?

It seems to me that when I got the first letter about the inspection it asked that I not bring anyone with me but no other mention of it that I can think of. The Tarion home inspection package says that you can bring someone if you want.

My suite is one of the small ones but it took us nearly two hours to go through everything, which is about normal, I think. If you look closely at things including well below and above eye level and look into corners, check carefully the flooring for marks or imperfections, look at the paint job from a variety of angles, check the windows for marks or imperfections, check the drainage in the sinks, check the cabinets for fit, check wall and door and cabinet corners for imperfections -- just to name a few things -- you will find that it takes fully that time, I think. Larger places may need more time.

Progress on 530 St Clair W

From my perch in the sky I see a crane on site--to lift some mechanical pieces in place or start of phase 2? Residents, let's hear the scoop!

The crane was for work on 500, but the latest update from the developers say that 'preparation to demolish buildings on the corner of St Clair and Raglan has begun.' The update also says that construction will start this summer.

The builder is not allowing any assignments on either 500 or 530! They've started moving people in (interim occupancy), up to the 9th floor with PDI's going on for the others above.

What's the parking situation, currently? I was by there earlier this week and access to the underground garage was fenced off (from Bathurst).

Parking is there and open...but tricky to get to for now. I went through the workers/school board lot to the north, drove to the end, make a left, make another left then you're at resident parking. You do need a FOB to access it!

Did anyone receive a call from Bell and Rogers a few months back about special offers for new tenants to this building? I lost bot h those contacts and would really appreciate it if anyone could provide them, especially for Rogers. I'm wondering if it is truly something special or just your general run of the mill new customer deal.

Did anyone receive a call from Bell and Rogers a few months back about special offers for new tenants to this building? I lost bot h those contacts and would really appreciate it if anyone could provide them, especially for Rogers. I'm wondering if it is truly something special or just your general run of the mill new customer deal.

I decided to go with Bell. When I called them, they said there was a special deal for the building. I took a bundle that included home phone, high speec Internet and TV and they gave me a discounted rate, guaranteed for two years but with no contract. Rogers would certainly know that's what they are competing with so they may be prepared to match that.

Substantial increase in maintenance fees?

I just learned that there is an increase of nearly 20% in maintenance fees for my unit since the last set of figures were published in the disclosure documents. I understand those numbers are an approximate and the Builder has a fair bit of wiggle room in this case, but this is a whopping increase that significantly impacts the month-to-month budget for a purchaser.

Any feedback/concerns from folks who have already moved in? Did anyone query this with the Builder? I've sent an email and am awaiting a response.

Where did you hear this, from the sales office? Did you get a letter from the builder? I'll have to talk with my lawyer to find out if this is legal.

Back