News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It looks the same as the version I see on my computer when viewing on my iPod Touch in Safari.

Testing from the mobile version. Hello world.

Looks good, although there may be an issue with the banner ad size.

4388812369_f4a7b89633.jpg

4389581638_24131aff94_o.jpg

Last edited:
How do I switch back to the normal, non-mobile version?

The only way I could find was to delete all the cookies from urbantoronto.ca and return to the page.

There's a bunch of posts here about the new look of the forum itself. Problem with them being more complicated than the previous one. Here's the old look compared to today's look. Pretty much all the same functions existed in the previous one. So the question is what's the problem with the new one compared to the old one.

Old icons are in-scale with the text - notice how they fit within the confines of two lines of text. New icons are overstuffed - they exceed the height of the text that's alongside.

The faux glossy look of the icons is out of place - these are status indicators, not buttons on an iphone.

auratic also made some good comments about visual overloading.

There are too many colours in-use. Red icons/text, at least two different blues on icons, pale blue-background on some rows/columns, yellow stars/post-its, red icons on envelopes, green arrows, dark-grey bands etc etc.

The old look mainly used three colours. I'm not overly concerned about what exact colours are in use (though the red is grating) - just that the site doesn't look like it's designed for 5-year olds.

Both were vBulletin standard look.

"Standard" doesn't mean good.

Last edited:
If a link to an image has capital letters in the filename, the forum keeps converting it to lower case, which breaks the link. I had to quote my entire latest photo post because the image names had upper case letters (eg, DSC_005.jpg) and none of the images would show up.

There is also still an issue with the width of the first and last post in a thread.

Am I losing my mind or is the Church-Wellesley Village thread missing from Neighbourhood Node?

As of today I am no longer welcome on your planet.

I like the smaller header - the colour doesn't match up for me though. Dark red on the right, light red on the left. Am I just seeing a cached version?

Definitely an improvement. Although one minor glitch. The buildings on the right neatly come to an end, but on the left, it's very abrupt with the sudden change. Not so sure about that.

Back