News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow, what a difference downtown today. I don't even need to leave my place to see it. The public parking lot on Richmond between Duncan and Simcoe, that would normally be full is maybe 15% full.

Your point was that the RCMP was inciting people to riot in Quebec City. Your point was 100% wrong. We heard your point, we got your point, however your just making stuff up.
*The point was that government officers incited a riot.* I'll hand it to you, nfitz, you're really good at avoiding the actual problem and just bitching about something totally unrelated.

CNN is reporting from Toronto today. Ali Velshi is interviewing some banker on a rooftop somewhere on Bloor near U of T with the skyline in the background. Groovy.

*The point was that government officers incited a riot.*

Just a guess, but I think the point he was trying to make was the the SQ has had a bit of a history with problematic incidents the way other forces (even the RCMP) haven't. I believe their actions back at Oka, for example, were not the smartest.

As far as I know, the SQ is not involved in any G20 security and so using their example as something that is likely to happen in Toronto isn't really valid.

*The point was that government officers incited a riot.* I'll hand it to you, nfitz, you're really good at avoiding the actual problem and just bitching about something totally unrelated.
It's the SQ ... it hardly has any bearing on what happens here in Ontario. Neither the OPP or the RCMP in Ontario have the type of reputation that the SQ has.

Besides, I haven't seen any evidence that the SQ undercover officers were agent-provocateurs in Montebello; but merely spying and trying to blend in. Simply being present and blending in, doesn't make them agent-provocateurs. Though as I stated, it has no relevence to the G-20 summit.

And I've also pointed out, the SQ is a very troubled police force.

Besides, I haven't seen any evidence that the SQ undercover officers were agent-provocateurs in Montebello; but merely spying and trying to blend in. Simply being present and blending in, doesn't make them agent-provocateurs.

Still apologising for them, eh?

You haven't seen the evidence, because you haven't bothered to look. The fact that they admitted to it seems to go over your head, and the multiple videos showing what happened are obviously of no interest to you. Since you have no knowledge of the event, why do you bother to comment on it? It just makes you look like an uninformed boob.

You haven't seen the evidence, because you haven't bothered to look. The fact that they admitted to it seems to go over your head, and the multiple videos showing what happened are obviously of no interest to you. Since you have no knowledge of the event, why do you bother to comment on it? It just makes you look like an uninformed boob.
I have looked at some of the stuff at the time, and again yesterday. I haven't seen an admission that they were inciting rioting. I have looked, but if you'ld link to that, I'd love to see it. I'm not saying it's impossible ... and with the SQ it wouldn't surprise me ... but I just haven't seen evidence that there undercover officers were the ones inciting the rioting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the real protesters will be able to segregate themselves from the OCAP people. OCAP seems to always wanting to start a riot.

If you see someone yelling at the police, it'll be someone from OCAP or some other anarchy group, not the real protesters. This Friday afternoon, it looks like the usual social interactions for OCAP. Never understood why they keep doing what OCAP seems to to doing all the time. Picking fights. And their leaders seems to be always yelling, upset, and throwing tantrums, for who knows what. I just ignore OCAP, because we know they enjoy causing riots, and yelling at everyone to have enjoyable sexual pleasure (must be unable to themselves).

Friday June 25th - A quiet commute to Downtown Toronto...and other observations...

Everyone: I read about the quieter-then-normal morning commute today and there is definitely a drop-off in GO Transit and TTC Subway ridership noted - I figured correctly that many would try to avoid the G20 security hassles and avoid having to travel to Downtown Toronto to work by predominately taking the time off,working from home or starting vacations early.

I looked at videos and pictures of the secure zone perimeter and I noticed that "expanded metal" fencing was used - here on LI the Long Island Rail Road uses fencing of this type in areas that have trespassing problems-especially in electrified territory
with the live third rail used...I noticed the "mini-link" fences also but I was not expecting the even higher secure fences...

Depending on how things go at the G20 Summit I feel it will determine if it can be held in the center of a major city without causing major problems and disruptions...only time will tell on how things actually go.

I also feel that everyone will be breathing the proverbial "sigh of relief" when this is all finally over and Toronto can get back to life as usual...

Thoughts and observations from LI MIKE

No sign of g20 nonsense last night on Dundas/Ossington/Queen West. Didn't see Obama or any other g20 crazies at the Xspace etc art openings. Sure, I could see and hear the black helicopters buzzing over my apartment building, but really, what's the big fuss?

Just under employed student types protesting as usual. Good networking ops for them, y'all know?

I tend to tune out....mainstream media is boring.

Moderators. The linguistic bigotry in this post is shocking. Why is this allowed?

All the posts about the abbreviation of SQ are removed. Anyway, I have seen both initials used, but personally prefer SQ over QPP.

Last edited:
"So because I live just north of Adelaide, and I am walking around and a cop randomly decides to ask me for my ID, if I fail to produce it, I can be arrested when just going about my daily life. That is a police state, no?"

Correct - "No". Fact is you are not allowed to walk just anywhere you please in a democracy. Not within 3 inches of a Prime Minister for example. The knuckleheads who infiltrate peaceful demontrations get close to fences so as to pull them down with chains & hooks. Unless you are acting like a total idoit you are not going to get arrested. Interesting how some people only choose to excercise their democratic rights (not obligations) during mass street protests, but not on other occasions.

So I was at College Park today and read my marching orders from the flags & signs:

1) End the seal hunt (before or after the swine hunt?)
2) Disband the G20 (disolve the actual countries, or simply disallow contact between the leads of Brazil, China and France?)
3) Nationalize BP (and have bureaucrats find our gasoline?)
4) Ban de-investment (not sure)
5) Shelter is a right (should work be an obligation? I only raise it because there were virtually no immigrants at the protest, just whites like myself)
6) Protect the Environment (short on specifics...)

Anyway, its the 1% who ruin things, but that is true everywhere. Perhaps the whole thing is just street theatre on all parts.

Back