News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Having watched and views the G20 photos and videos I have to say I'm coming around to thinking there were some really nasty, excessively violent cops that day. Getting rid of Blair and replacing him with a McCormack or Fantino type won't solve this though, since under policing legislation and collective agreements the chief can't touch officers that act above the law, break the rules on names and badge numbers, etc.

Good to see that you are coming around and finally seeing the truth of what happened. Of course getting rid of Blair and replacing him with a McCormick or Fantino is not the answer since Blair was created in their mold to begin with. We must however get rid of Blair and soon if we are to restore faith in the police. I would like to see the next Chief of police be a civilian. Just as the RCMP is headed up by a civilian there is no need for us to fill this top spot with a career cop. This is the only way that we can break the culture of corruption that has existed for decades. With a salary of $300K a year I think we could attract a lot of top talent to fill the job. My top choice to replace Blair would be Ontario ombudsman Andre Marin.

Read it and weep, cop-lovers
Actually it is the cop haters that should dispair, as the system has charged some bad cops. Anyone who is a fan of cops would want the bad ones caught and expelled, thus making the police service even better - this supports the view that cops are generally good. On the other hand if I hated cops, I would want to see the system failing and with cops breaking the law and civil rights with impunity - this would better support my view that cops were bad.

The system produced an impotent investigative body, a chief who tried to blame others without evidence, and officers who can't identify their co-workers. Without a few citizens brave enough to step forward and the Star smelling blood, we wouldn't see even this one sorry charge.

OCAP held an anti-G20-police-brutality protest today.

Here is the protest walking down College St past Police HQ:
tvCxr.jpg

The police were prepared. Here's the roof of police HQ:
IeRVp.png

Pics from here.

Last edited:
G20 protestor

Amusing - four innocents 'illegally' detained and sexually assaulted by police (a "quick ass grab" is alleged during the pat down). Unfortunately they were dressed in black, had Knapsacks, and were quoted in the press in 2010 attending another protest of Christie Blatchford.

Obviously these are freelance-protest-groupies available for any event. I dont mind people opting out of 'the system' - if you dont want to eat, dont eat - but when they launch a $1.4 million police lawsuit taxpayers will recognize it as parasitical behavior.

Why do anarchists simultaneously reject an ecomomic system but still want to suckle from its teat?

Starting a new thread? Replying to your own post?

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

Thanks. I thought my thread was sinking without a trace.

How long have you been throwing rocks? Is it something you endeavor towards or just a summer thing?

btw - it's "Methinketh" and "protest-eth-ishes" too much.

Amusing - four innocents 'illegally' detained and sexually assaulted by police (a "quick ass grab" is alleged during the pat down). Unfortunately they were dressed in black, had Knapsacks, and were quoted in the press in 2010 attending another protest of Christie Blatchford.

Obviously these are freelance-protest-groupies available for any event. I dont mind people opting out of 'the system' - if you dont want to eat, dont eat - but when they launch a $1.4 million police lawsuit taxpayers will recognize it as parasitical behavior.

Why do anarchists simultaneously reject an ecomomic system but still want to suckle from its teat?

Police must have sufficient grounds to detain and arrest you, i.e. they must have good reason to believe that you committed a crime or were about to commit a crime. They cannot arrest someone based on how they look (in this case the women were arrested because they had "hairy legs" and wore backpacks). The actions of the arresting officers were clearly illegal since they did not have legal grounds to detain and arrest these people. Furthermore the cops were physically and verbally abusive calling the women "dykes" and grabbing buttocks which, laugh all you like, is considered sexual assault.

I suspect that I would not be in agreement with most of the women's political views and they may well be "protest groupies" but if we want to live in a free country police must not be allowed to arrest and illegally detain someone just because they don't like the way they look.

Last edited:
Police must have sufficient grounds to detain and arrest you, i.e. they must have good reason to believe that you committed a crime or were about to commit a crime. They cannot arrest someone based on how they look (in this case the women were arrested because they had "hairy legs" and wore backpacks). The actions of the arresting officers were clearly illegal since they did not have legal grounds to detain and arrest these people. Furthermore the cops were physically and verbally abusive calling the women "dykes" and grabbing buttocks which, laugh all you like, is considered sexual assault.

I suspect that I would not be in agreement with most of the women's political views and they may well be "protest groupies" but if we want to live in a free country police must not be allowed to arrest and illegally detain someone just because they don't like the way they look.

Since there is no link to a news story, I can only base my comments on what is in the above posts.

I would say that being dressed in black and wearing backpacks is sufficient ground for detention when people dressed in black and wearing backpacks were recently observed committing crimes.

The sexual assault, if proven, is serious but I imagine that a pat down is not sexual assault and that is what it appears to be.

Where did "hairy legs" and "dykes" come from since it was not in the opening post.

Back