How accurate is this notice? A friend of mine bought in backstage, and even after the final occupancy date, he didn't get occupancy until another 6 months beyond that...... What do you think? Think Jul 2020 will really be a go?

How accurate is this notice? A friend of mine bought in backstage, and even after the final occupancy date, he didn't get occupancy until another 6 months beyond that...... What do you think? Think Jul 2020 will really be a go?
I would love to get people's thoughts on this as well. I'm not familiar with the process but the building doesn't seem too far behind Phase 1 and someone who bought on the 29th floor there noted their occupancy date as March 2020. Not sure how relevant this is, just pointing it out.

Doesn't address the accuracy of the notice at all.....

That's something even the builder's project managers would not be able to pinpoint. According to a typical condo purchase agreement builders have the rights to delay to a certain extent under necessary and unforeseen circumstances.

You need to understand how a project goes from its start to an end. Who knows how the actual timeline for this particular example would turn out.
All projects, regardless of size, scope or complexity, are burdened by two key factors: effort and uncertainty.

Last edited:
That's true, however projections can be made based on actual data from previous projects rather than anecdotal incidents......If anyone had that data (the builders do) then reasonable projections could be made....

That's true, however projections can be made based on actual data from previous projects rather than anecdotal incidents......If anyone had that data (the builders do) then reasonable projections could be made....
Builders would be able to rack up much more fortune from their cost perspectives if it is possible to make such projections to that level of accuracy.
Variables are termed variables for a reason; you cannot simply compare projects like you would for apples to apples. They are very unpredictable when there are so many stakeholders involved, each of them with specific deliverables with risks.
Problems and issues happen regardless of a builder’s experience and level of detailed planning.

Last edited:
Builders would be able to rack up much more fortune from their cost perspectives if it is possible to make such projections to that level of accuracy.
Variables are termed variables for a reason; you cannot simply compare projects like you would for apples to apples. They are very unpredictable when there are so many stakeholders involved, each of them with specific deliverables with risks.
Problems and issues happen regardless of a builder’s experience and level of detailed planning.
You are right. What data I'd like to know is:
For each builder:
Number of units completed in last 5 years (x).
Numbers of days after setting final occupancy data when actual occupancy happens for each unit (y).

Then, using x and y, you could pretty fairly asses a builders effectiveness on average on delivering close to their final occupancy dates......

Just need the data.....

Latest Notice received from Builder says Final Tentative Occupancy Date as March 2020. Previous notices had Tentative Occupancy Date. So, how realistic is the Mar 2020 date ? Any Idea ?

Do you mind me asking, which floor are you on and is it Playground?

My occupancy is July 2020 for 8th floor Playground. I'm trying to get an idea of how fast they occupy floors so I can predict when the building will officially close

I believe vvdrita is with GP not Playground.

Back