We went through five different companies before finding an excellent one that provided good training, follow up and support to their staff (and paid them decent wages), which in turn translated into a much better experience for our residents and enhanced security. There's also a difference between concierge services and security services -- a good concierge is a key building team member.

PDI done in Feb. No building link or emails at all.
Underground should be linked. Shared parking garage. So there should be 2 sets of elevator shafts on each garage floor, so I assume you’d be able to go down to P1, walk over to Playground and Pop up in Playground on whatever amenity floor you want.

Nice, looking forward to it. I'm trying to see if it will take 2 weeks for occupancy after I have my PDI on May 19. It's usually 2 weeks and than occupancy. After that hopefully it won't take to long for the building to be registered to the city. Maybe 2-3 months since I am on the 26 floor, most of the building will already be occupied.

Interesting. In my current building downtown, the security staff and concierge are extremely professional. Have no idea what their wages are though.
Yes same thing as mine, it's high security. Fob only works on my floor, parking and amenities floor. Also concierge won't open the door for anyone without a key fob. I'm sure it will be the same. I am in downtown Mississauga condo and it is the same management that we have at Garrison Point called Duka Management.

Yes same thing as mine, it's high security. Fob only works on my floor, parking and amenities floor. Also concierge won't open the door for anyone without a key fob. I'm sure it will be the same. I am in downtown Mississauga condo and it is the same management that we have at Garrison Point called Duka Management.
Welcome to the city!

Welcome to the city!
Thank you! I'm looking forward to the view. We have the best view in city coming from the West side, no obstructions. What a blessing. I also read somewhere that we are actually on higher ground, the first floor looks like we are at a higher level like the 8 floor of other condos buildings looking into the city. Regardless, excited to see the city view, I have the East facing city view. Million dollar views for Phase 1 Garrison Point owners. I will take pictures and post by next week when I do my PDI.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the view. We have the best view in city coming from the West side, no obstructions. What a blessing. I also read somewhere that we are actually on higher ground, the first floor looks like we are at a higher level like the 8 floor of other condos buildings looking into the city. Regardless, excited to see the city view, I have the East facing city view. Million dollar views for Phase 1 Garrison Point owners. I will take pictures and post by next week when I do my PDI.
This is precisely what attracted me to the building. Besides being nestled in between Liberty Village and King West, the unobstructed views, park, and direct connection to pedestrian bike/walking path are a rarity in the city. Most units at GP have a good view, even the lower floored units.

Last edited:
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your lovely new home and the views.

Are any of you guys concerned about the constant rail traffic? I live on Fort York and whenever I cross the bridge and the trains they are loud. It doesn't help that they are going very slow (either arriving or leaving Union) and so the sound just persists for longer

I can't imagine living next to the rail tracks

In Toronto, there is noise everywhere. Highway. Rowdy people. Train. Airplanes. Motorcycles. Street cars.

Everything is a trade off. If you look at a lot of really great condos and neighbourhoods there are many great ones in all of these places.
I’m not concerned about train noise. It’s not something you hear inside the unit.
Everything is a trade off. The benefits of the area outweigh everything else. A lot of pro’s as have been cited by many members on this forum. (Close to highway - great for when you have to drive out of the city, incredible views, on bike path, backing on to parks, a few blocks walking to King West, a 10 to 15 minute closer walk to the downtown core than it would take someone from Liberty Village proper (which by the way has much more train noise depending where you are with the stopping and starting of trains at the go train station).

Look at other neighbourhoods. Fort York for example is cheaper, but then you are walking 15 to 25 mins to go to a neighbourhood that has more than one or two restaurants and longer to anywhere else. Heaven forbid you want some variety in your life and don’t want to rely on Uber to get to places. I considered to buy units there but I always thought it was an incredibly boring neighbourhood with very low appeal (I think that might be slowly starting to change though). Again, I’ve never lived in Fort York, so I might be missing something. I’m sure people live there for many good reasons. For those who like quiet, it could be great. Everything is a Trade off. Except then you might be complaining about the proximity of the highway, Loud motorcycles going by every few mins, lakeshore street cars, and being very close to the airport, etc. Planes are louder than trains ;). Not to say Fort York is a bad neighbourhood, but it all depends on your perspective and you need to look at it holistically.

Then distillery. Great neighbourhood. In the middle of a tourist area. Rowdy. Loud all the time. You might love that. Also, directly beside the train.

Liberty Village. Its fine. But not you are even further out from the downtown core especially if in central LV. Plus trains there too.

Yonge and Eg. No train. Fine if you work nearby. Otherwise far from the core. Maybe you like that maybe you don’t.

Just some examples of the reasoning.

Last edited:
I lived in Fort York neighbourhood. It's not quiet. No, it doesn't have restaurants and crowds, but there is noise from the Gardiner, from Lake Shore, from the airport and most definitely from construction. During concert season, there is noise from concerts at Echo Beach and Fort York. There are a lot of marathons and running events, so you get the associated noise from those. If you face north, you also get train noise. If you face south, you get the screech as the streetcar turns on to Fleet. As you say, the city is noisy.

In Toronto, there is noise everywhere. Highway. Rowdy people. Train. Airplanes. Motorcycles. Street cars.

Everything is a trade off. If you look at a lot of really great condos and neighbourhoods there are many great ones in all of these places.
I’m not concerned about train noise. It’s not something you hear inside the unit.
Everything is a trade off. The benefits of the area outweigh everything else. A lot of pro’s as have been cited by many members on this forum. (Close to highway - great for when you have to drive out of the city, incredible views, on bike path, backing on to parks, a few blocks walking to King West, a 10 to 15 minute closer walk to the downtown core than it would take someone from Liberty Village proper (which by the way has much more train noise depending where you are with the stopping and starting of trains at the go train station).

Look at other neighbourhoods. Fort York for example is cheaper, but then you are walking 15 to 25 mins to go to a neighbourhood that has more than one or two restaurants and longer to anywhere else. Heaven forbid you want some variety in your life and don’t want to rely on Uber to get to places. I considered to buy units there but I always thought it was an incredibly boring neighbourhood with very low appeal (I think that might be slowly starting to change though). Again, I’ve never lived in Fort York, so I might be missing something. I’m sure people live there for many good reasons. For those who like quiet, it could be great. Everything is a Trade off. Except then you might be complaining about the proximity of the highway, Loud motorcycles going by every few mins, lakeshore street cars, and being very close to the airport, etc. Planes are louder than trains ;). Not to say Fort York is a bad neighbourhood, but it all depends on your perspective and you need to look at it holistically.

Then distillery. Great neighbourhood. In the middle of a tourist area. Rowdy. Loud all the time. You might love that. Also, directly beside the train.

Liberty Village. Its fine. But not you are even further out from the downtown core especially if in central LV. Plus trains there too.

Yonge and Eg. No train. Fine if you work nearby. Otherwise far from the core. Maybe you like that maybe you don’t.

Just some examples of the reasoning.
Exactly, I think we have the best of everything. Close to downtown, close to parks, close to water. Location is key. I think you have nailed it with the response. I can see some new development just north east of us by Stanley Park. Going to be a great community guys. We lucked out with Garrison Point bridge being constructed too right in front.

Congrats, yes im on the 26 and my PDI is set for May 19, looks like they are going floor by floor by day by day for PDI in order.

Parking lot on a letter? how recent was this? PDI will probably show parking spot and locker as well.

The parking lot number was right below the unit number on my letter, so excited to proceed with the PDI. Good luck with yours tomorrow

Has anyone order large piece furniture? How ready is the loading dock?

How did you get the email? I didn’t get one. I have never received any builder emails actually. Only communication received was ever through mail and lawyer.

My PDI notice came in email, all other communication were with hard copy.

Back