You should of gotten one already, I'm sure they sent it to whatever email address you gave builder. I also got and email this morning for my PDI appointment. No word from builder yet on exact occupancy date. My appointment is set and confirmed with builder PDI contractors. Finally the light at the end of the tunnel.

For those of you that bought in early 2016 like me, it's be a long 4 years waiting for this condo. Hopefully it's worth it, but there is one thing for us, we are sitting on gold land. Once they build the (Toronto Central Park NYC Equivalent)Rail Deck park, value will skyrocket high! Also the new Garrison Point bridge just lucked out for us and The Bentway is a huge plus as well as the Fort York in front of us with the concerts in the summer. I'm just realizing the value how much homeowners will reap if they sell the place in the future.

We have the best vantage point of the city looking from the west into the city. The exterior is clean and sleek just like the L building on Front and Aura Yonge and College which is the same architect. Congrats to all new home owners. Looking forward to it, I wonder what grocery store we will have? Loblaws? or Longos?

I'm pondering how long occupancy will be, maybe just a couple month than mortgage kicks in, maybe right away? what your guys thoughts?

Haha good summary thanks! From planning point of view, we are facing the armory on south, rail track on east where no future tall building will be blocking our view to the lake/city. This is super luxury given how dense the city core is, just 2km away. Plus the Trilliam park and all other public space, this is just a paradise for urban living. Oh also there is a retail supermarket at the rental building, I assume a coffee shop also ;-) Last but not the least, the Longos' across street from West elm is now open, plus Canadian Tire, Shoppers and a McDonald beside it...

Chris the PDI officer told me the corridor will be ready in a week on 28th floor, occupancy end of June or so. Sounds quite reasonable

In this circumstance, I suggest you bring measure tape to your PDI, measure every wall and floor as we order online a lot now ;-)

Last edited:
Haha good summary thanks! From planning point of view, we are facing the armory on south, rail track on east where no future tall building will be blocking our view to the lake/city. This is super luxury given how dense the city core is, just 2km away. Plus the Trilliam park and all other public space, this is just a paradise for urban living. Oh also there is a retail supermarket at the rental building, I assume a coffee shop also ;-) Last but not the least, the Longos' across street from West elm is now open, plus Canadian Tire, Shoppers and a McDonald beside it...

Chris the PDI officer told me the corridor will be ready in a week on 28th floor, occupancy end of June or so. Sounds quite reasonable

In this circumstance, I suggest you bring measure tape to your PDI, measure every wall and floor as we order online a lot now ;-)

Hi! did you already have your PDI? Yes forgot about those shops on King St. Yes we have a gem guys. Most people in Liberty Village are hating hard on us since they don't have a view. I have many friends that live in Liberty and they are all envious of the Garrison Point Condo. Million dollar views for us owners. I will be keeping this condo for my retirement. I can see it be over a couple million by that time.

Great to hear the corridor will be ready. I can see us moving in late June or July for the high floors. I will bring my measuring tape tomorrow. How much time did Chris give you? How is the quality of materials? Paid alot in upgrades, hoping the quality will be supreme. Will update everyone tomorrow with pictures.

Saw this today..
4284C28A-CF15-49B4-BD96-0A29A9FA269F.png

Hey guys PDI went pretty good, I found half a dozen things that need to be re-done and touched up. I'm very happy regardless with the suite. The views from my suite balcony is one of the best I have seen of Toronto city and lake water view. Best views hands down for the city coming from west side. Congrats to all new home owners at Garrison Point! We lucked out huge for what it's worth now. PDI guys were great, they said it's amount tops for quality in build. I have attached a couple pictures. We should be ready for occupancy for higher units around July, maybe August I predict. June is optimistic.

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpg
    IMG_7437.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_7437.jpg
    IMG_7437.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_4668.jpg
    IMG_4668.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2225.jpg
    IMG_2225.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_9570.jpg
    IMG_9570.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 286
  • washroom gp.jpg
    washroom gp.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 260
  • washroom 2.jpg
    washroom 2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 271
  • north view.jpg
    north view.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 287
Hey guys PDI went pretty good, I found half a dozen things that need to be re-done and touched up. I'm very happy regardless with the suite. The views from my suite balcony is one of the best I have seen of Toronto city and lake water view. Best views hands down for the city coming from west side. Congrats to all new home owners at Garrison Point! We lucked out huge for what it's worth now. PDI guys were great, they said it's amount tops for quality in build. I have attached a couple pictures. We should be ready for occupancy for higher units around July, maybe August I predict. June is optimistic.

Glad your PDI went really well. Only if we could actually see some of those photos you wanted to share....

Speculators getting out while the going is still good.
I can see the price falling back down to the original purchase price.
The bubbly 80% appreciation in 5 years will be wiped out in 3 years, then stagnate for couple more years.

Thanks for your opinion. We’ll see. You don’t know the motive of the seller. Let’s see if you’re right in 3 years about the housing market. Or wrong.

very happy your PDI went well.. Still no word on ours :/ West facing on high floor.

I was excited to see your pictures but then i realized they werent attached ☹

Hey guys, here's a couple pictures from my PDI yesterday, was finally able to attach some. I have the East corner facing view. Like I said the views are absolutely stunning, lucked out with 2 balconies, one east facing the gets the whole city view and the lake, and then the 2nd North balcony, that will definitely get both sunset and sunrise. I wish I could post a video and all the pano shots won't attach. We definitely have a gem in this condo! The foyer and concierge look just like the render. Good luck to all home owners.

IMG_6620.JPG
IMG_6127.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_3268.JPG
IMG_8524.JPG
IMG_3221.jpg
IMG_5909.JPG
IMG_3942.JPG
IMG_7437.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG
IMG_8042.JPG
IMG_8450.JPG
washroom gp.jpg
IMG_2854.JPG

Last edited:
Hey guys, here's a couple pictures from my phone. Like I said the views are absolutely stunning, also lucked out with 2 balconies, one east facing the gets the whole city view and the lake, and than the 2nd North balcony, that will definitely get both sunset and sunrise. I wish I could post a video and all the pano shots won't attach. Good luck to all homeowners. We definitely have a gem in this condo!

I recognize that particular floorplan. Nice to see the actual photos of the suite; real nice choices on upgrades as well.
I can't wait until my PDI on phase 2 - SE corner unit as well.

A concern I have with my PDI is with the window frames. Damage and scratches.

For anyone who has been through this before, what would you do about it?

6A23D74D-F94E-43DB-86EF-BA9550F58B5A.png
3B7F4B2E-EADA-4511-B3A6-87D39C4BD769.png
63469A47-ACEA-405D-8E02-13F9BE55592F.png
2C67C310-414D-45FC-AAE4-783F2344450C.png
A1C82E61-F940-4AD4-BB89-C0AB446256A0.png

Make sure they are fixed. Don’t take excuses or half measures. You paid a lot for your condo, it should be done right. Your report should note these deficiencies, and there should be a follow up plan for repairs. Report to Tarion if you don’t get any satisfaction.

Back