News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm really shocked by the speed of this process. I thought the delay between removing the precast and installing the curtain wall would be much longer.

DJI_0257-HDR.jpg

I bet by the end of the summer, the 2 first building ll have their new windows on.

I'll miss the brick of Terraces as well. It was nice to have different materials between the brown/red brick, along with the concrete and glass of Portage. Now it's all going to be glass. They should have tried to mix it up more with the different massings of Terraces. Hoping they take that into consideration when they start planning the future Portage rehabs.

Surprised this wasn't a steel structured tower, but I guess the stylized corners required a concrete structure.

I've been wondering what the bright red building was at Zibi...

Gotta say, I'm disappointed it won't stay red. It really pops when you come over the Kanata Hill and it has brightened my view from my east windows. Obviously it could never have stayed red. This is the NCR where the bureaucratic bias to banality begets boring buildings.

We'll certainly lose some variety in the Hull skyline with the Federal reclads. Hoping Zibi can move away from the shades of grey and depressing light beige design language.

Back