40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Meanwhile, in Atlanta GA

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

The development is called Caboose House

Not sure why I posted this. lol

Well, it's general construction talk. I don't mind seeing construction related stuff from other cities.

The south's weather enables so much interesting construction. Plenty of houses are densely packed where half of the lot is the building, and the rest is a porch which attaches to all levels. This is accomplished by not having hallways running the length of the house. The goal is to have every space of the house have a cross breeze. The front door does not open into the house, but instead opens onto the porch.

Can be so dense:

I was just going to mention the houses of Charleston and Savannah. You see that a lot down there.
The south's weather enables so much interesting construction. Plenty of houses are densely packed where half of the lot is the building, and the rest is a porch which attaches to all levels. This is accomplished by not having hallways running the length of the house. The goal is to have every space of the house have a cross breeze. The front door does not open into the house, but instead opens onto the porch.

Can be so dense:
View attachment 187234View attachment 187235

Some construction at Schulich School of Engineering that I hadn't seen anything about...

PWIHpyExRfmOu41P8Ny6XQ.jpg

Sooo East VIllage Junction is blocked off with a heavy-duty prisonesque fence and some lighter-duty construction fencing for seemingly no good reason... anyone know what up?

E7eZ+0r3QI+SecdztnzsUw.jpg

Back