News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not sure if I'm the first to mention this, but Google Maps has just updated their 3D renders of Calgary!
Also I think the renders in general have gained a higher resolution.

Proof:View attachment 395443
Ugh. That lot between 2nd and 1st is BEGGING for a train station 😩

I heard a rumour that Vibe (the smaller twin of Verve) might be back on the table. Either that or there is an interested buyer. With half the foundation already built, I’d imagine it would be a pretty easy sell, and a very easy build.

i-heard-a-rumor-than-i-blew-your-minds-allison-hargreeves.gif
That would be great. EV has stalled.

Have there been any renderings of this assisted living development in inglewood posted? I noticed the other day that there was a concrete pour happening, looked like they were pouring columns on L2.
1651165948581.png

Edit: Answered my own question, looks like it is the the YWCA Sherrif King rebuild:
1651166110926.png

Not sure if this counts as a development or an infill, but there is an *interesting* proposal for a mixed-use building in Marda Loop at 1934 34 Ave SW. Architecture's pretty ugly. Doesn't look like the developer has any experience doing anything like this. Nonetheless, if I'm interpreting the application properly, they are proposing 8(!) retail units, two residential units, and artist studio space.

Proposal:
View attachment 390941

What is there currently:
View attachment 390942

Relatedly, the two houses just to the east of this property have been re-adapted into several retail units as part of the Shops at Avenue Thirty Four. It's a tremendously well done renovation that maintains the basic architecture of the houses, while putting in really fine-grained, human-scaled retail. There's patio with a wood burning fireplace that's always packed.

They've started work on this development. I didn't realize that this was a renovation rather than a rebuild. They've already dug out the basement so it opens to ground level. Great to see adaptive re-use of existing buildings rather than just tearing everything down and starting from scratch. When they're done with this, they should just keep working their way down 34 Ave.
building.jpg

I was wondering what was happening to the Len Werry and how they got the crane to stand on the roof and thanks to GoVertical's photo I now know. Thanks
20220506_135501[1].jpg

New "addition" to the north side of the court of appeals building. ;) Looks like it already caught fire...
20220506_115541[1].jpg

I saw the crane pieces going down 1st SW as I was coming back from lunch. 1st is closed between 9th and 5th I think, so I was thinking it was something to do with Brookfield but wasn't sure. Now I know...
Yeah - I assumed it was something to do with the falling glass on Brookfield too.

Back