8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Eau Claire and Riverwalk….

5FD0DDFD-4D46-47D2-9FBD-9B29FA4945BC.jpeg
ACF34EDE-CEDC-467D-B660-66F7B230944C.jpeg

Going back to the 16th ave discussion, I wonder if giving it the 17th Ave SE treatment would help the area? 16the Ave in that area would probably be better suited having two through lanes rather than three. Having the MAX Orange have it's own median transitway could be something that would make the corridor more urban and improve transit at the same time? It would prevent on street parking outside of rush hour though, which is something that probably withholds it's potential tremendously also.

^ during the MAX BRT study, I believe the projected travel time savings for dedicated lanes versus what was implemented was minimal, at much much higher cost.

Slip and skip lanes can do amazing things when the road isn't gridlocked, just moderately congested at a few intersections.

That's surprising to me that they determined it would be a minimal difference. If I remember correctly, the MAX Orange through 16th is pretty much your bog standard mixed traffic bus route apart from better shelters and fewer stops. I imagine it can get pretty slow when traffic is bogged down without dedicated bus infrastructure.

That's surprising to me that they determined it would be a minimal difference. If I remember correctly, the MAX Orange through 16th is pretty much your bog standard mixed traffic bus route apart from better shelters and fewer stops. I imagine it can get pretty slow when traffic is bogged down without dedicated bus infrastructure.
Drive the route. There are lots of intersection skips, where the bus gets to pass a wave of traffic and move first.

I've driven 16th west of Deerfoot plenty of times since MAX was launched and I don't remember seeing a single que jump lane or any piece of infrastructure for buses.

Back