8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Inglewood park

A3BF192E-8F08-45E5-A0B4-6A74666BB685.jpeg
4572E32B-9F68-4AF5-8F68-3EA6A2FBEDCF.jpeg

Hardly that impressive for a crosstown BRT route. A few intersections here and there doesn't come close to priority infrastructure throughout the route. And that's what is needed if you want people to start switching to MAX as an alternative to driving. That 19th street intersection isn't even a queue jump lane.

Hardly that impressive for a crosstown BRT route. A few intersections here and there doesn't come close to priority infrastructure throughout the route. And that's what is needed if you want people to start switching to MAX as an alternative to driving. That 19th street intersection isn't even a queue jump lane.
This is what happens when transit gets capital money but is starved for operating money.

A 10 minute frequency on 16th Avenue for 16 hours a day for a decade would yield far greater ridership than this kind of thing.

This is what happens when transit gets capital money but is starved for operating money.

A 10 minute frequency on 16th Avenue for 16 hours a day for a decade would yield far greater ridership than this kind of thing.
Well they didn't get enough capital either. The City got a big lump sum from the Notley Government and decided to put it into building quantity over quality. So we ended up with some really good infrastructure in parts of the network, and pretty patchy infrastructure elsewhere. That's fine, but MAX will eventually need to be improved if they want it to be a consistently "rapid" network and integral to city transportation like the LRT network is which is the ultimate goal of BRT

Well they didn't get enough capital either. The City got a big lump sum from the Notley Government and decided to put it into building quantity over quality. So we ended up with some really good infrastructure in parts of the network, and pretty patchy infrastructure elsewhere. That's fine, but MAX will eventually need to be improved if they want it to be a consistently "rapid" network and integral to city transportation like the LRT network is which is the ultimate goal of BRT
MAX Orange runs at 26.6 kph. That is faster than the two dedicated corridor streetcar corridors in Toronto which run at 15 kph and 11 kph. The biggest fail with the MAX Orange is not connecting at Lions Park

Schedules and maps?
I was thinking more along the lines of what Translink does: https://www.translink.ca/-/media/tr...sit-network/tspr/tspr_2019_summary_tables.pdf . You can get all the dis-aggregated data as well for any route, station etc. https://www.translink.ca/plans-and-...-service-performance-review-covid-19-snapshot

I am sure Calgary Transit does a bunch of stuff internally, but I don't recall much ever getting to the public at either the aggregated or disaggregated level as it related to routes, service hours, ridership, travel times etc. I would be curious to see the impacts of these capital improvements to the ridership/travel times etc.

Went to Peter's Drive In for the first time in forever (saw Boris) and was shocked by the state of 16th Ave. Insane that they direct all traffic there from only East bound cars and it clogs an entire lane. There are still empty gravel lots from demolitions that occurred during the revitalization over a decade ago. I also noticed all the dead or cut down trees. Literally entire rows with not a single tree or even bush. Just boxes of dirt. How did Memorial turn out so much better? Also what's happening with the former trailer park? That was sold to a developer I thought and still sits vacant.

Info on the Midfield Mobile Home park is here:

City still owns it, their inhouse development group has come up with a plan, and should soon be starting it and I presume marketing the lots to other builders. But... given they were supposed to do the same with Anderson TOD and there has been zero movement on that project, we will see how quickly they act.

Back