News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The city has definitely been doing some work on the land at the Midfield site, I assume bringing it up to proper grading and such.

Codon arenas by heritage:
20210922_135008.jpg

Went to Peter's Drive In for the first time in forever (saw Boris) and was shocked by the state of 16th Ave. Insane that they direct all traffic there from only East bound cars and it clogs an entire lane. There are still empty gravel lots from demolitions that occurred during the revitalization over a decade ago. I also noticed all the dead or cut down trees. Literally entire rows with not a single tree or even bush. Just boxes of dirt. How did Memorial turn out so much better? Also what's happening with the former trailer park? That was sold to a developer I thought and still sits vacant.
16th Ave is a true disaster. With the ring road complete, maybe it's time the city thinks outside the box does something radical with 16th. Close down a lane on each side and expand the sidewalks?

16th Ave is a true disaster. With the ring road complete, maybe it's time the city thinks outside the box does something radical with 16th. Close down a lane on each side and expand the sidewalks?
Rest assured the City will never do a road diet and make "Main Streets" like 16th Avenue and Macleod Trail, or any one-way road downtown for that matter, a more walkable or bikeable street with appropriate planting zones and adding on-street parking. Transportation Engineers seem to have all of the power and say at the City. We are committed to just about everything being a Stroad.

Info on the Midfield Mobile Home park is here:

City still owns it, their inhouse development group has come up with a plan, and should soon be starting it and I presume marketing the lots to other builders. But... given they were supposed to do the same with Anderson TOD and there has been zero movement on that project, we will see how quickly they act.
Anderson is even worse since the budget 4 years ago allocated $20 million + to get the site serviced for development.

Or convert 16th to a freeway as being the TCH would imply it should be. A Glenmore Trail for the north if you will.
It’s already a quasi freeway from Deerfoot to 68th St. In the NE

Not sure if has been posted before but I noticed a lot of action on the NE and SE corners of 10th ave and 14th st. Does anyone know what is going on there?

Not sure if has been posted before but I noticed a lot of action on the NE and SE corners of 10th ave and 14th st. Does anyone know what is going on there?
SE corner is the lastest Cidex Hat project. NE is another multi family project, not sure who the developer is but you can always look at the project map

Here is the thread for the one in the NE corner of 10th Ave and 14th Street SW:

Back