News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

https://www.calgary.ca/transportation/tp/planning/transportation-data/traffic-volume-flow-maps.html

I understand that the flow is not constant throughout the day, but compare those numbers with capacities. Utilization is poor, a lot of space is wasted and could be spent on better things.

Bias: I'm also in the camp that we shouldn't design our downtown roadways for peak volumes, there's many better uses for space downtown that would create both more efficient transportation and connected communities. As with most great cities, if someone wants to drive downtown at 5pm, it should take them time.
Count me in the same camp. I would like to see Macleod trail or First street be reduced by at least one lane, but ultimately 2 lanes (one on each side) I've seen lanes reduce so many times over the recent years due to construction, and it hasn't had the much of an effect on car traffic.

All our roads were total gridlock during the evening rush hour, especially east - west.
Macleod trail was busy during rush hour, but I found the rush hour didn't last very long. I used to leave work sometimes at 6:00pm and Macleod was flowing fine.

I would have no issue if the city permanently closed some lanes on Macleod Trail or 1St SE, even as a person who uses those roads at rush hour sometimes.

20211014_150458.jpg

Back