News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The railings on that first proposal look even worse as they appear to be like 6ft tall for some reason.

On the flood barriers - it's interesting to compare the stretch south of PIP where the barrier separates foot/wheeling paths vs. this stretch where they're together. I think both approaches have their pros/cons, and what we have make sense for each location - it's just too bad the walking path from Centre-Reconciliation bridges isn't a bit wider. I wonder if they could have doubled up the MUP on that stretch, with the north two lanes for jogging/rollerblading and the south 2 for bikes.

Forgot to post this from last week, Jaipur Bridge from above:
20220506_095147.jpg

Boring bridge for sure. In fact, I think it's a downgrade aesthetically from the old bridge. It will definitely function better, but man what a snore fest. The new retaining/flood wall is also lame. Feels like a barricade between downtown and the river. So much for all the nice shrubs, trees, and greenery that used to line that stretch. Now we have a claustrophobic wall...
That's the point of the wall. Also, shrubs will be replanted this summer. It's not going to be just a big long metal wall.

RiverWalk-East.jpg

Last edited:
I know it’s becoming a parking lot, but it does seem to be quite the task to do that. Will it be below grade after the foundations get removed? Or will they bring in lots of fill?

Too bad they weren’t smart enough to do it before the excavation across the street. Could have saved both sides money.

Back