News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Some sort of tented sports facility has gone up at Shouldice Park.
DBB9C54C-3088-411B-A815-0039004E249C.jpeg

Catch me up because I honestly don't know. What call did they make on the sliding track and smaller ski jumps?
They closed the small ski jumps because their operational and maintenance cost was high compared to the number of users. They chose not to renew the sliding tracks because they thought they’d get 100% of the capital cost funded by government, but due to either incompetence in estimating or not accounting for time, the funding was more like 70%, and they *wouldn't* dip into their own endowment to make it work.

They thought they could play chicken with governments to force them to come back to the table but that just doesn’t happen.

Last edited:
That's a football fiend, they just made it a full year field. I take my dog to the offleash park in shouldice and spent the last year trying to figure out what the hell they were building, now I know!
Oh okay, that explains it. It was under construction most of this summer, and the tent portion only went up in the last week or so.

They closed the small ski jumps because their operational and maintenance cost was high compared to the number of users. They chose not to renew the sliding tracks because they thought they’d get 100% of the capital cost funded by government, but due to either incompetence in estimating or not accounting for time, the funding was more like 70%, and they would dip into their own endowment to make it work.

They thought they could play chicken with governments to force them to come back to the table but that just doesn’t happen.
One of the best gifts I’ve given is a trip down the bobsleigh track to my dad and brother. But I don’t know if it’s worth spending a lot of the track. There’s no appetite to host another Olympics. Might be time to let it go. Winsport can still be a internationally renowned sports facility without the bobsleigh/luge track. I can see why the ski jumps have been left to, let’s say ‘expire’. Although I think it’s important to find sport, I think the old ski jump area is much better suited as a amphitheater.

I actually went to the new farmers market for the first time and I was impressed! I still prefer Crossroads but it's really nice to have a farmer's market in the west. I suspect this will be a real catalyst for Greenwich and maybe even Trinity Hills, I can imagine a lot of people wanting to live close to this!

Is the entire building being demolished and rebuilt? I think it will be a cool draw to have a McDonald's with a rooftop patio in the city!

Back