News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don't see this city needing a secondary venue. If it gets one, it will be at Foothills Athletic Park as part of its Fieldhouse complex. On that note: I heard back from a councilour's office on the Foothills Athletic Park Redevelopment Assessment Committee... The Social Return on Investment Analysis is complete and will become public at the committee's next meeting that isn't scheduled yet but will occur before December.

Just a reminder, "the Social Return on Investment Analysis will identify the social value that would be created based on capital dollars needed to implement the Foothills+McMahon concept plan". AKA is it worth it.
Spoiler alert: It will be.

New library/multi use facility for downtown Airdrie

Would like to see what the side facing the street looks like, but overall, it seems like Airdrie is taking the lead by putting the building close to the main street, and placing parking at the side of the building rather than the front. Obviously in a car-centric town like Airdrie, having no on-site parking would be difficult, but at least the number of parking spots seems reasonable. There is a sea of parking lots all around after all. Hopefully an additional entrance/exit is not required give Council’s comments.

Would like to see what the side facing the street looks like, but overall, it seems like Airdrie is taking the lead by putting the building close to the main street, and placing parking at the side of the building rather than the front. Obviously in a car-centric town like Airdrie, having no on-site parking would be difficult, but at least the number of parking spots seems reasonable. There is a sea of parking lots all around after all. Hopefully an additional entrance/exit is not required give Council’s comments.
1663863550050.png

1663863702295.png

source, which includes all aspect elevation drawings: https://pub-airdrie.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=15155

Attachments

• 1663863338767.png
    1663863338767.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 1663863476211.png
    1663863476211.png
    314 KB · Views: 46
I’ll wait until the final finished product, but as I assumed from the renderings, this plaza is going to look like shit. Two years and they are not even close to finishing. This thing looks value engineered already. They couldn’t be bothered to use any type of coloured, exposed, or stamped concrete let alone any fancy pavers to match the river walk promenade which I quite like. Basic broom finished sidewalk concrete, how special for what is probably the cities premier or second premier downtown plaza. You know something is wrong when University District can absolutely nail their new Central Park/plaza and this thing looks like it was dug up from the bargain bin.

Back