News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I've seen plenty of people using the Richmond Adelaide lanes as bi-directional lanes, so that's a start. :D
Whoa, you're scaring me. I haven't seen that, but at night, I have run into cyclists all-black, no lights, just stopped in the lanes for God knows what reason. Just lucky I've hit them at a right angle enough to stay on the machine and not damage wheels. Some stretches are very poorly lit.

The idea is that HOA associations are elected -and the HOA members and rules can be replaced. Now of course people usually don't give a crap enough to be involved in their HOA.. including even bothering to vote in the elections to ensure someone is the head of the HOA that doesn't institute ridiculous rules.
Yes, but why should a majority of your neighbours have voice is what you do with your property? Sure, a white trash yard of weeds, rusted out beater, old couch, above ground pool and trampoline, or even a cabanon can arguably hinder your neighbour's property value, but that's what small claims court is for.

First time I've seen those types of short concrete barriers. Would be great to see those in many other spots where there isn't adjacent parking or significant numbers of mid-block crossing pedestrians. Bloor viaduct comes to mind.

Yes, but why should a majority of your neighbours have voice is what you do with your property?
Why should a majority anywhere have say on anything? It's called Democracy. It's not just "your property". It's property with shared aspects. If you wish for your own non-shared amenities, buy or rent fully detached. Remember, this is *condos* not 'apartments' which are regulated under different legislation.

If I'm retired, and buy a condo, I don't want to have to listen to kids next-door (I'm stating that hypothetically). Some choose not to have their own kids, so why do you have to live next to others'? Ditto pets. And I love both pets and kids, but can appreciate that many others don't. Same with bikes. Same with loud music. Same with fish casseroles, and I love the last three too, but if the majority of the condominimum (sic) are against those, it's their collective right to live with those restrictions.

Condominium - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condominium
A condominium, usually shortened to condo, is a type of real estate divided into several units that are each separately owned, surrounded by common areas jointly owned.

First time I've seen those types of short concrete barriers. Would be great to see those in many other spots where there isn't adjacent parking or significant numbers of mid-block crossing pedestrians. Bloor viaduct comes to mind.
One big concern: How much impact would it take, say in sliding on black ice, for a vehicle to go over those barriers? Not much...about the same force as is required to mount the curb. I'm not too sure those barriers are suffice.

I'd like to see them on Sherbourne.
In addition to the curb and placed directly on top, it would double the height, and be much more likely to deflect the vehicle than allow it over top. I agree, at double the height, I'd have far more faith in safety.

Last edited:
Interesting article, IMO.

Ban the bike! How cities made a huge mistake in promoting cycling
http://business.financialpost.com/o...ties-made-a-huge-mistake-in-promoting-cycling

I can't imagine the city ever asking cyclists to directly pay for the lanes constructed for their use.
The article is ridiculous written by a ridiculous author for ridiculous readers.

Even the Natural Pest readers (majority) have dissed it. Notice how few rational answers there are on both sides of the polarized reactionfest. Typical Pest.
Let's tax sidewalks...those damn pedestrians better start paying their way or...or....or....Fake News!

I love how some are blaming cyclists for breathing in the pollution. lol...ah yeah...

Apparently, the $25 million will go towards Bike Share expansion - 300 new docking stations (6,000 docks) and 3,000 more bikes.

First of all, got a source for that?

And second, how does the math add up? Back in the summer, 70 new docks and 700 bikes cost $4 million. The summer before that, it was 80 and 800 for $4.9 million. 300 and 3,000 should be coming in at less than $20 million if you do the math.

Hopefully it's better than a few painted lines... Some of the cycling infrastructure in this city makes me shudder even as a driver.

Back