News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

According to their Facebook page the address is 101 - 10130 105 st, Edmonton, AB, Canada, Alberta.

Thanks for the info! I have visual confirmation:

20231019_124432.jpg

20231019_124527.jpg

Oh my! That was half of their charm! Descending into that dark, uneven tiled floored basement with mismatched area rugs in the little dining rooms. It was either the delicious aromatic air wafting throughout or quite routinely the smell of an overflowing sewer in one of the washrooms. Either way, their current dining room will NEVER be duplicated.....

Last edited:
So very true.

The end of an era for sure. Many date nights there over the years.

Guess we will have to get there one more time. My wife said it was the main stay when she worked in Radio back in the 80s.

I believe it already closed several months ago. It was very tired inside with little investment but still a popular date spot.

Panini’s is finally expanding their space, one of the contractors said they might be doing a chicken restaurant in the larger space, but that could just be here-say. View attachment 516039
That's not accurate. They're just expanding their kitchen (mostly to handle their high demand for take out/delivery) and MAYBE, depending on how designs for that go, expand their seating area very slightly.
I heard that from the owner's own mouth.

That's not accurate. They're just expanding their kitchen (mostly to handle their high demand for take out/delivery) and MAYBE, depending on how designs for that go, expand their seating area very slightly.
I heard that from the owner's own mouth.
Ok that makes more sense, since their space is tiny considering how busy they are. I didn’t really think Italian chicken was a thing anyways, unless it’s a dedicated chicken parmigiana place lol

Ok that makes more sense, since their space is tiny considering how busy they are. I didn’t really think Italian chicken was a thing anyways, unless it’s a dedicated chicken parmigiana place lol
Yup. Their space is very small and handling the dine-in AND the deliveries is a nightmare for them.

The new space will just expand the kitchen and very likely have a separate area for delivery drivers to wait for orders, since especially in the winter it can get quite crowded in there.
If they can make it work, the current wait space for the delivery drivers will be incorporated into their dining area, and that's about it.

They're focusing more on deliveries at this location, since they've (semi)recently opened a very large space in Sherwood Park, where their main focus is dine-in.

Yup. Their space is very small and handling the dine-in AND the deliveries is a nightmare for them.

The new space will just expand the kitchen and very likely have a separate area for delivery drivers to wait for orders, since especially in the winter it can get quite crowded in there.
If they can make it work, the current wait space for the delivery drivers will be incorporated into their dining area, and that's about it.

They're focusing more on deliveries at this location, since they've (semi)recently opened a very large space in Sherwood Park, where their main focus is dine-in.

Back