News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Went to DOSC last night and gotta say I was pretty underwhelmed.

Food itself was fine however the portions + pricing for what I received was a head scratcher. Was a shame because the interior and vibe is great in there and I always want to see local spots do well but I'm curious if I'm the only one who's experienced this and if anyone has gone lately, what was your experience?

It's certainly upmarket for pricing and relatively consistent portion-wise with contemporary restaurants, but still very good and you cannot beat the look/feel of the place.

Went to DOSC last night and gotta say I was pretty underwhelmed.

Food itself was fine however the portions + pricing for what I received was a head scratcher. Was a shame because the interior and vibe is great in there and I always want to see local spots do well but I'm curious if I'm the only one who's experienced this and if anyone has gone lately, what was your experience?
Sorry to hear that was your experience. It's one of my go-to's Downtown and have always had great experiences. I would agree some items are better value than others, but mostly I enjoy their food and is a great casual option. Some of the best coffee Downtown, good cocktails and beer on tap, $22 burger one of the best Downtown imo, brussels, other brunch items hit the spot.

The Common is renovating their space on 109 Street, should look good once done!

That ownership group must be doing well as they've opened Fu's, relocated it to a much larger space on Jasper and opened Dolly's in it's original location, all while continuing to operate The Common since 2009 and the 9910 event space beneath at the same time. I like how all of their businsses are Downtown - I'd love to see them open something else on 97 Street or on Rice Howard Way.

Wild Rose Cakes, who teased the opening of a Downtown location, has now revealed the exact location – next to Jack’s Burger Shack on Jasper Avenue and 104 Street. It will open in the spring and is called Obj3cts, and will feature home goods, gifts, flowers, and a second floor lounge space.

Nice!
Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 7.55.20 AM.png

Don't know reasoning but that usually means they can't pay their bills. But I'm speculating.

124st continues to suffer from a lack of local density, disposable income and cohesiveness.
Disposable income? I feel like westmount/glenora being right there is pretty helpful. But maybe that’s a classic parking problem for those while only like to drive?

And Oliver as a whole isn’t as high income, but thousands of people there are making over 6 figures based on the census.

Back