News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A little birdie told me that the downtown Mikado will relocate to another downtown location around September 2023.
Working to confirm or deny this, as my old friend is connected to the ownership group.

Apparently Mikado is moving due to reconstruction of that block. With Best Buy closing sometime in the new year, it makes me wonder what will happen to Harveys and Canadian Brewhouse. I could see Harveys relocating to the ECC Elevate Food Fair along with Swiss Chalet (they have a similar arrangement in WEM Phase III food court), while the Canadian Brewhouse could be eyeing space in Unity Square, the Brewery District or 109 St across from Save On Foods.

There is a rezoning in progress, but I cannot see anything happening there in the near term and so I don't see them moving for a while.

Provincial Kitchen + Bar is closing after 8 years. Never had the chance to check it out.

All I know is that used to be the 2nd location of Overtime.

1670271273361.png

Right! Don't forget about a free cigar when you turn 18 (yup, I did that) and amazing NTN.
Would walk over from Red Robin’s HH to their HH……we christened the joint when it first opened. Buy enough buck beers to fill the table….rinse….repeat. What year was that? ‘94?

^but did you do the trifecta of Red Robin-KingsKnight- and whatever that place was called in Whitemud crossing here that was pool hall and puke smelling beer spot.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 5.06.40 PM.png

Back