News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Delux Burger shop in St Albert is Now Argos Bar and Bistro. ( Sorrentino's Group).Nice that they have some Knowledgeable backing. and across the parking lot from Bucco.

Is Delux still open in the COE tower? I believe that's the only location remaining unless the YEG Airport location is still open.

YEG is closed. At least it was when I was last through. Web Site says permanently closed but Ice District looks to be still open.

New grocery/market concept L’OCA Quality Market, has launched in Sherwood Park, Alberta, just outside of Edmonton, with plans to expand the brand to other locations.

Ben Cochrane, Partner with the company, said plans are already in the works to open a second location in Edmonton hopefully by the end of the year.

He said the brand is working with a grocer in the Crestwood area of Edmonton who is retiring after 65 years in the business. L’OCA will be taking over the spot where Andy’s IGA has existed with a smaller format of 21,000 square feet.

IMG_1998.png

St.Albert baby!

I think I mentioned this last week. Plus the new location in SW Edmonton. I've been to the Sherwood park location and like it. Be interesting to see if each location has different restaurants styles.

Had dinner at Frida yesterday. It was Taco Tuesday but I was the only patron there. The hot weather and the Valley Line LRT construction has put quite a damper on foodie traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if Frida, La Bodega and a couple of other eateries on Stony Plain Road end up shutting their doors by year end. That would be a shame because their tacos are delicious, the paloma washed down fine and the server is awesome.

Had dinner at Frida yesterday. It was Taco Tuesday but I was the only patron there. The hot weather and the Valley Line LRT construction has put quite a damper on foodie traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if Frida, La Bodega and a couple of other eateries on Stony Plain Road end up shutting their doors by year end. That would be a shame because their tacos are delicious, the paloma washed down fine and the server is awesome.
What type of tacos did you have?

We live close by and have gone to Frieda twice, both times the food was disappointing to say the least. The space is nice but yeah, the quality of the food leaves a lot to be desired. Last time we where there there was one person running the entire front of house, even though it was full. La Bodega's food has so far always been top notch and as a result I usually see it busy and doing well. Convenient excuse to blame WLRT construction but there shouldn't be any reason why these places are affected. There is never any parking anyways (or hardly any) and most people come on foot. The SPR bridge reopening should help with said foot traffic, mind you.

I find it interesting that Frida was full when you went there last, @Didama.
I'm sorry but I didn't get a chance to peek inside Bodega because the weather was too bloody hot for me to do anything except walk to my car. But there wasn't exactly a lively party going on that I could detect.
Last time I was at Frida, I was able to park out front (see screenshot). This time the road was under construction with no parking on either side, so I parked just off 124 St.

1720714472587.png

If they would open in a more central location it would help a lot. I can't be bothered to go out the more suburban areas unless I really have to.

Back