News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Nothing will have the atmosphere and decor of the old Permanent Bank Building. It reminded me of something from Tokyo and fully expected Yakuza to come out from behind a the red curtains down a dark hallway.
Yeah, that location was awesome. Funny story, back in about 2013 one of the guys in my former band knew the guy trying to open the strip club in that building. We were looking for a place to rehearse and he suggested we use the basement. I spent a lot of time in there for a couple of months and let me tell you, it was in rough shape. We eventually had to get out of there as we didn't trust all our gear not to get damaged when the ceiling tiles started to collapse from slow leaks in the pipes. We came in one day with a quarter of the room covered in soggy ceiling tiles, including all over our guitarists' amp.

I had a tour when the existing owner had remediated and cleaned it all up. Only thing left was the staircase.

It was a destination. They would park in the surface parking lot north of the parkade. They'll have to pay for parking similarly on 101 Street, but my guess is the space/rent is quite a bit cheaper, or maybe even subsidized through the Chinatown Vibrancy grant.

Last edited:
It was a destination. They would park in the surface parking lot north of the parkade. They'll have to pay for parking similarly on 101 Street, but my guess is the space/rent is quite a bit cheaper, or maybe even subsidized through the Chinatown Vibrancy grant.
No doubt they are in for the long play - proximity to Ice District 2.

Looks like Chop is being renovated

20240717_123152.jpg

Obj3cts is a cool space. I enjoyed a ridiculously large cookie and coffee from them yesterday. The home decor section is cute but everything was wildly out of budget for me. (A $1200 chess set, $350 small desk lamps, etc.)

Back