News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Not sure if it was in this thread but I can confirm that Japanese Village is moving into a space across from EPCOR Tower.

Hope they do well!
I was pleasantly surprised theyve really cleaned up that stripmall!!

IMG_6636.jpeg

This was teased awhile back somewhere here.

8820 92 St NW

Clarity Development Advisory was presented with the exciting challenge of activating the small, underutilized site for a new neighbourhood commercial development. By creating and securing a custom Direct Control (DC) Zone for the Site, Clarity helped maximize the site's potential. This not only allows for expanded site coverage but includes design and development guidelines to enhance the block and contribute to the neighbourhood’s unique character.

With their development approval in-hand, Little Bear Gelato can now bring to life their vision of a charming gelato shop and patio on the main level, with a vibrant community-focused restaurant on the second floor.

In the summer of 2024, the rezoning was unanimously approved by Edmonton City Council, presenting a significant opportunity for the French Quarter. The proposal supports the ongoing vibrant development in the neighbourhood and the strengthening of the area as a local mixed-use node!

French+Quarter.png

The Colombian is opening a fifth location in Beljan's St. Claire building on 106 Avenue in Forest Heights, probably the former Fleisch space.

April this year I believe
Oof. Other half and I went to them a bunch because they had good outdoor seating and actually monitored their internal air quality instead of just reverting to COVID complacency. But also they had an EPS cruiser plough through their outdoor seating because of course they just do that.

I can't wait for The Colombian to open in the downtown area. They can grab the Second Cup space at Jasper Ave near 112 St, which has been empty for God-knows how many years although the Second Cup sign is still up (who knows why). Or they can try their luck at Jasper Ave/101 Street where Starbucks used to be.

I can't wait for The Colombian to open in the downtown area. They can grab the Second Cup space at Jasper Ave near 112 St, which has been empty for God-knows how many years although the Second Cup sign is still up (who knows why). Or they can try their luck at Jasper Ave/101 Street where Starbucks used to be.
I'm all about Second Cup and Starbucks being all but purged from downtown and all of the independent cafes that have sprung up in their place.

Obj3cts is great! I'm personally loving the variety and steadily increasing amount of restaurants in downtown/core these days. It beats out whatever you can find in the suburbs and I'm all for this increasing and attracting more people to visit downtown.

Back