News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Four single-family houses on a land parcel near the Bonnie Doon LRT station could be demolished to make way for a six-storey residential building, if a rezoning application is approved at a public hearing on Aug. 19. The parcel, located east of 83 Street NW on 82 Avenue NW, is currently zoned to allow up to a three-storey building. Administration supports the application given the property’s proximity to transit, open space, schools, and shops.

This is kind of a neat page that I didn't know about (or likely forgot) I was curious how things are going with infill since we passed the 25% target set by the city.

If i am reading things right in terms of net units in 2023 Edmonton grew by 2976 in Mature/Core and 6450 in Established/developing neighborhoods for a total of 9426 net units or a 31.57% share for core/mature which is pretty good. So far in 2024 until end of July looks like 1930 mature/core and 6202 Established/developing for a total of 8132 and only 23.73% share for core/mature.

This is kind of a neat page that I didn't know about (or likely forgot) I was curious how things are going with infill since we passed the 25% target set by the city.

If i am reading things right in terms of net units in 2023 Edmonton grew by 2976 in Mature/Core and 6450 in Established/developing neighborhoods for a total of 9426 net units or a 31.57% share for core/mature which is pretty good. So far in 2024 until end of July looks like 1930 mature/core and 6202 Established/developing for a total of 8132 and only 23.73% share for core/mature.
Love weird GIS tools like this. I've got another one for you, a home price heat map based on 2017 reporting data.

https://yeg-assess.dha.io/

Obviously outdated, but still handy to get an idea of neighborhood prices.

Another future TOD listing near Glenwood/Sherwood LRT stop.

ED2918CF-7424-4276-A747-80DC45A73DA8.png

A good thing and start, but for Central Edmonton to really have the density it needs, this needs to be 10-20-30x.

Is there any specific reason for the big jump in 2024? Is it just easier now thanks to the relaxation of parking requirements in the new ZBL? I'm assuming that it would also allow them to be bigger?

Blatchford contributes a decent amount to these I think? Plus a lot of new suburbs are adding them more and more. It’d be interesting to see a map of where these all are though

Here is one in Ritchie that fronts 76 Ave - these pics are from the alley.

The front building is a duplex with basement suites and the house in the back (pictured below) has another three units - you can see 4 doors but there are 3 seperate meters.

No garage or parking for 7 units in total. The lot coverage of buildings here seems beyond what could be built.

20240925_072532.jpg
20240925_072601.jpg
20240925_072532.jpg

Last edited:

City led Infill Infrastructure fund to help cover costs of utilities for multifamily units within nodes and corridors.
This has been running since the end of August, very interested to see how good the uptake is. Given the sudden explosion in infill development I doubt the fund will last anywhere close to their 2026 cutoff date.

Here is one in Ritchie that fronts 76 Ave - these pics are from the alley.

The front building is a duplex with basement suites and the house in the back (pictured below) has another three units - you can see 4 doors but there are 3 seperate meters.

No garage or parking for 7 units in total. The lot coverage of buildings here seems beyond what could be built.

View attachment 598754View attachment 598755View attachment 598756
I've been looking into building on lots like this that have existing homes, but only near LRT. I'm not sure I'd be interested in this chosen location, but this could work well for students.

I bet this is going to cash flow like crazy.

Back