News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It isn't uncommon for businesses to offer resident discounts, especially if they receive funding or special considerations from the local government. Doing a google of "Resident Discount" and you will find a variety of different businesses that offer them (everything from Disney, to Transport for London, to Northumberland Ferries and Bay Ferries in NS). For most a driver's license would be adequate proof, though I am sure they will accept other methods for those who don't have one.
You might be right about some, but I'm not aware of 'locals' discounts for the Maritime ferries. I believe PEI residents get free ferry/bridge passage if it's for medical reasosns but I don't know what the rules are.

The PEI bridge availability payment is paid by the feds, hence likely not discriminating. Likely the PEI government had a longstanding arrangement to help medical patients and they likely pay a shadow toll to support that.

Screenshot_2022-06-14_135218.jpg

We gotta stop ripping up perfect railway corridors, I'm amazed that Metrolinx doesn't buy the whole line and start providing service.
May I ask you what route and ridership potential you see for Metrolinx which couldn‘t be satisfied faster, more reliably and for a tiny fraction of total costs by a medium-sized bus?

May I ask you what route and ridership potential you see for Metrolinx which couldn‘t be satisfied faster, more reliably and for a tiny fraction of total costs by a medium-sized bus?
We should be preserving these corridors for future use, even if there is no need now. They're usually cheap, and leaving them to sit is better than tearing the thing up apart, only to discover that we could use a corridor (for whatever purpose) a few decades down the road ...

This is a very interesting piece............I would encourage others to read it.

I may comment further....but for now.....take a look-see.

Back