News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

:D
Does this mean that Diamond is going to pare down his design even further during this recession?

Diamond's new condo design:

3057966533_3591f22dfc.jpg

Diamond designs a daycare centre:

be4db9133e91854a

An animal shelter:

7153ec95f63fb378

A new performing arts centre:

2810142616_aacf0c5591.jpg

... but no shortage of 'colour' in these tough times:

2953017_5e1d475834.jpg

;)

:D I had good laugh at this one.
Jack Diamond reminds me of the character Ellsworth Toohey, the architecture critic in The Fountainhead.
From Wikipedia:
Ellsworth Monkton Toohey, who writes a popular architectural column, is Roark's antagonist. Toohey is an unabashed collectivist and Rand's personification of evil (when speaking freely, he explicitly compares himself to Goethe's Mephisto, who tempted Faust to destruction). He falsely styles himself as representative of the will of the masses.

Having no true genius, Toohey's mission is to destroy excellence and promote altruism as the ultimate social ideal. This is put forward in one of his most memorable quotes: "Don’t set out to raze all shrines—you’ll frighten men. Enshrine mediocrity, and the shrines are razed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountainhead

Er, if there's any efficient way to undermine a knock on Jack Diamond, it's on behalf of The Fountainhead...

Er, if there's any efficient way to undermine a knock on Jack Diamond, it's on behalf of The Fountainhead...

You gotta work on your reading skills. No one is cheering for The Fountainhead or for Ayn Rand, I was just saying Diamond reminded me of the character Ellsworth Toohey after reading his article, almost advocating and making the case for architectural mediocrity (that is boring, conservative, cheaper buildings).

Last edited:
You gotta work on your reading skills. No one is cheering for The Fountainhead or for Ayn Rand, I was just saying Diamond reminded me of the character Ellsworth Toohey after reading his article, almost advocating and making the case for architectural mediocrity (that is boring, conservative, cheaper buildings).

But still, consider the source. Maybe, in the end, Ellsworth Toohey *is* better than you're bargaining for...

Back