News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Right, but this announcement was as related to the Bolton project as it is to any other project mentioned in the plan. So not Bolton-specific which was what some were speculating.
Probably less related, given that it didn't appear on the map, unlike other far-future projects, like the Ontario Line along the 407 corridor.

Del Duca, now running for Mayor of Vaughan, has included the ”Vaughan-Caledon” GO Line as part of his platform.

4. Securing GO Train service for Woodbridge and Kleinburg along the “Vaughan-Caledon” and championing the Yonge North Subway Extension with a route that works best for Vaughan residents.

"championing the Yonge North Subway Extension with a route that works best for Vaughan residents"--exactly what is that supposed to mean? The original alignment under Yonge?

Del Duca, now running for Mayor of Vaughan, has included the ”Vaughan-Caledon” GO Line as part of his platform.
The guy is a clown and doesnt know when enough is enough.

What happened to the Kirby GO station, isnt that an oh so important station that Metrolinx needs to build to the point of interfering with their mandate?

Let's hope he gets washed come election day, he's a complete joke of a politician.

Interesting to see his other platform planks as well - the Langstaff Gap project is probably the largest municipal road infrastructure project in the province right now, requiring a ~1.5km long bridge over the CN McMillan yard. Supposed to cost hundreds of millions of dollars, but I do think it's an important project for Vaughan. A big reason the city has so many traffic problems is that it's street grid is so disconnected. Same with the Kirby and Teston gaps.

It of course would also allow for a much better bus grid as well, and would take a lot of pressure and trucks off Highway 7 through VMC.

Last edited:
"championing the Yonge North Subway Extension with a route that works best for Vaughan residents"--exactly what is that supposed to mean? The original alignment under Yonge?

I think he's referring to a northerly extension. I don't think it's a question of the refined option 3 and the opposition by some Thornhill residents on the east side of Yonge Street as that's in Markham.

The guy is a clown and doesnt know when enough is enough.

What happened to the Kirby GO station, isnt that an oh so important station that Metrolinx needs to build to the point of interfering with their mandate?

Let's hope he gets washed come election day, he's a complete joke of a politician.
Even though I don't like Del Duca, and I didn't vote for him last election, I honestly think we should give him a chance. Even though there's a lot that can be said about him, something I hope he does is try and push YRT to actually get good. Enough of this 20m headways on Viva Orange, enough scheduling Viva as if the Rapidway didn't exist, enough 30m frequencies on YRT routes. If Del Duca wants to be taken seriously as a politician, mayorship in a city like Vaughan is a good place to try and rebuild himself. If he doesn't, well too bad for him.

Even though I don't like Del Duca, and I didn't vote for him last election, I honestly think we should give him a chance. Even though there's a lot that can be said about him, something I hope he does is try and push YRT to actually get good. Enough of this 20m headways on Viva Orange, enough scheduling Viva as if the Rapidway didn't exist, enough 30m frequencies on YRT routes. If Del Duca wants to be taken seriously as a politician, mayorship in a city like Vaughan is a good place to try and rebuild himself. If he doesn't, well too bad for him.
I think he's had enough of a chance as Minister of Photo-Ops. He was running one of the most important ministries in the province and his list of priorities were outright laughable. Kathleen Wynne pretty much gave him free reign to do what he pleased (something which not all Ministers at the time shared the same kind of luxury of) so we fully know what to expect from things that he runs; there wouldnt be a single change if he was mayor of Vaughan.

I think he's had enough of a chance as Minister of Photo-Ops. He was running one of the most important ministries in the province and his list of priorities were outright laughable. Kathleen Wynne pretty much gave him free reign to do what he pleased (something which not all Ministers at the time shared the same kind of luxury of) so we fully know what to expect from things that he runs; there wouldnt be a single change if he was mayor of Vaughan.
Remember, the context here though is Mayor of Vaughan: a city where transit beyond Line 1 and Barrie is DREADFUL. It's kinda sad when the best bus route in the city is the 501 ZUM. The 20 Jane is somewhat okay, and the 85 Rutherford is just barely reaching 15 min headways, but there is so much room for improvement. In terms of politicians who might be able to get stuff done, he might not be perfect, but he might be able to at least get the ball rolling in pressuring YRT to actually improve service. It's about time Viva Blue is joined with some other quality bus routes.

Remember, the context here though is Mayor of Vaughan: a city where transit beyond Line 1 and Barrie is DREADFUL. It's kinda sad when the best bus route in the city is the 501 ZUM. The 20 Jane is somewhat okay, and the 85 Rutherford is just barely reaching 15 min headways, but there is so much room for improvement. In terms of politicians who might be able to get stuff done, he might not be perfect, but he might be able to at least get the ball rolling in pressuring YRT to actually improve service. It's about time Viva Blue is joined with some other quality bus routes.
That's one point I certainly agree with you on, YRT service is just absolutely dreadful.

Back