News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There's a GO bus stop on Mill Street (Highway 7) just outside the station that has 7-day service to Brampton and on to Union Station - I am a little surprised that there is no mention of that on the schedule board or info screen - it makes it sounds like there's only two trips in, two trips out, when there are other GO services available from that location. Most rail stations post the whole schedule, including supplementary bus services on that corridor.

There's a GO bus stop on Mill Street (Highway 7) just outside the station that has 7-day service to Brampton and on to Union Station - I am a little surprised that there is no mention of that on the schedule board or info screen - it makes it sounds like there's only two trips in, two trips out, when there are other GO services available from that location. Most rail stations post the whole schedule, including supplementary bus services on that corridor.

Perhaps they need to route that bus through the station to increase its profile? (not familiar with the area so not sure how hard that is).

Acton GO Station
... on Flickr

Great photos! You have another one Old Hyde House and Acton GO Parking
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/royalrivers/8372589094

I'm trying to figure out where the platform, parking, and entrance is, relative to the Old Hyde House building and parking. Is the Old Hyde House closed (I thought it was open last time I drove past). Has GO taken over or shared their parking?

From the photos, it appears the platform is on the south side of the tracks, from Mill Street towards the Old Hyde House building.

Perhaps they need to route that bus through the station to increase its profile? (not familiar with the area so not sure how hard that is).
The bus runs down Mill Street, literally a stone's through from the end of the west end of the new platform. This distance from the platform to the closest existing GO stop is less than the length of the platform.

Changing the bus to actually run into the station is possibly the easiest re-routing in the history of GO. Thouigh I don't think there's any reason they can't run it down Eastern instead of Mill/Young and have a simple stop on Mill Street without building a loop, and without actually adding any length to the route.

Your photos make it look like there isn't a mini-platform at Acton for wheelchair accessibility, or were you taking the photos from it?

Thanks for the pictures. Did it look like many cars were in the parking lot? Did you wait for the 6:03pm arrival?

Yes, I specifically took the GO bus from Georgetown toward Guelph and got off at the stop right beside Acton station. There is no plans for the bus to pull into the station since there stops are pretty much right there on the street.

The parking lot had several empty spots, but it was hard to tell what was for GO and what was for the Old Hyde House. They do share the parking lot. The platform is a full platform from the street all the way to the side street/other side of Old Hyde House.

This bus happens to actually beat that train to Guelph by mere minutes getting into Guelph Central around 6:10-6:12pm while the train gets in around 6:18

Last edited:
Here are some shots of Erindale from September now I have them uploaded.

The small steel building is the new GO Station south of the new bridge.

You can see the first of many mesh frames in place.
8399014943_08b48c9699_b.jpg

8400096430_71a9a702b3_b.jpg

8400084804_cc65f6c060_b.jpg

8400063614_6c4eeca6aa_b.jpg

8399024281_1d5b815962_b.jpg

8400117198_fe5eb8f3a5_b.jpg

I saw the new station building when I was there for New Year's (and stupidly paid a fare, anyway...)

So the old station building is seriously going to be demolished? The unfortunate thing about that is the new elevator building looks like it was built to match the original station building's design theme. But the new building looks very squarish so they won't match. :-/

Looking at the setback of the new station I am wondering if they are thinking the elevator building might be in the wrong spot when it comes to adding a track to support Milton line service enhancements.

That things taken forever to get done. I don't understand why they went with CIP concrete rather than pre-cast. Would of been done months ago otherwise.

That things taken forever to get done. I don't understand why they went with CIP concrete rather than pre-cast. Would of been done months ago otherwise.

Cheaper?

Looking at the setback of the new station I am wondering if they are thinking the elevator building might be in the wrong spot when it comes to adding a track to support Milton line service enhancements.

I wish they were thinking ahead like that. But I don't see them adding any tracks here. I feel like there's already 3 isn't there?

The soil conditions apparently didn't allow for pre-cast.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Soil was not the issue.

This was a design and built contract and it was felt this was the cheaper way to go.

Yes a precast would been faster than the current speed. The south top level should be top off or about to. The precast panels for the sides should be completed in Feb/March.

There is enough room to put 4 tracks in at this location with the 4th being to the west.

The elevator has been there for a few years and no need to move it since the 3rd track is beside it. GO very rare use this track at all.

Soil was not the issue.

This was a design and built contract and it was felt this was the cheaper way to go.

Yes a precast would been faster than the current speed. The south top level should be top off or about to. The precast panels for the sides should be completed in Feb/March.

There is enough room to put 4 tracks in at this location with the 4th being to the west.

The elevator has been there for a few years and no need to move it since the 3rd track is beside it. GO very rare use this track at all.

The elevator was just built! Unless we have varying definitions of a "few years". But I swear they only built this thing like last year or the year before.

Back