News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Does anyone know which bridge spans are being replaced on the Bala Sub?
I don't know of any bridges currently tabbed to be replaced on the Bala Sub.

A couple of years ago they replaced the spans at 8.5, 8.6 and 8.8, which are a set of 3 bridges located below Concorde Place.

Dan

I don't know of any bridges currently tabbed to be replaced on the Bala Sub.

A couple of years ago they replaced the spans at 8.5, 8.6 and 8.8, which are a set of 3 bridges located below Concorde Place.

Dan
There are currently 3 pieces of 40ft sections of bridge on the siding south of York Mills (steel bridge sections).

From Facebook. Continuous weld rail being installed in Stratford on the CN Guelph Sub earlier this morning. Should help with GO speed.

BE7F3F1C-23D1-49A1-94FD-8300ABC43B84.jpeg

^ It’s not clear from the video whether there is any ribbon rail being laid. Looks like just rail replacement at the crossings. (The new rail might have some welds, but would likely retain some joints given there are several crossing circuits that might need insulated joints).

- Paul

^ It’s not clear from the video whether there is any ribbon rail being laid. Looks like just rail replacement at the crossings. (The new rail might have some welds, but would likely retain some joints given there are several crossing circuits that might need insulated joints).

- Paul
You’re right Paul. Probably just upgrading the crossing, which still is great.

I believe someone said that, those funds are for purchasing the corridor from CN.
That’s inaccurate..ish. Some of those funds could be used for purchasing the corridor, but all we’ve seen publicly is that the $160 million will be used to upgrade speed and frequency of service. Do I think Metrolinx buys the corridor? Absolutely. The first half of the Guelph Sub was purchased for $73 million so the rest should cost less than that. Lots of extra cash for track upgrades.

A quick update at Unionville GO Station, still quite unfinished and there are tunnels that are completely blocked off right now.
720AEB6D-B53C-4FD8-98F1-BAD06B452057.jpeg
1F2C6AE9-BBFD-44A8-9392-2FFAEFB0C611.jpeg
48C6A4C3-01AC-4ECE-BD54-27B2ACE7AD20.jpeg

What interested me more is this giant electronic billboard that appeared in the parking lot of the GO station. It is located just north of the highway; will be used for advertising of the station for people that drive by?
98B9815F-419F-4656-B87D-E99BF7C5EB30.jpeg
5F06CA82-8F65-4AC8-A64F-463BFC904C2D.jpeg
DBEECFB4-FA55-4500-BE2C-B4BAB416A045.jpeg

What interested me more is this giant electronic billboard that appeared in the parking lot of the GO station. It is located just north of the highway; will be used for advertising of the station for people that drive by?

Metrolinx is a big player in the giant billboard game. It's a revenue thing for them.

Personally I am opposed to those big billboards period, and the fact that ML is in this game is just another gripe I have over how they run their business.

- Paul

Back