News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

^ Was this about the connection between TTC Dundas West and GO Bloor?

It was always understood that the government had begun to expropriate as negotiations weren’t successful.

Once the project got traction, the end settlement has dropped out of sight.

- PUl

The intent was to go through the Crossways, which is not a CP REIT property last I heard.

So.........hmmmm

There is a small passenger pickup loop on CP Reits lands which is leased to Metrolinx from my understanding for the GO station, and which will be expanded once the adjacent rental building currently under construction is completed.

I suspect Metrolinx is moving to expropriate it from CP Reit and CP isn't happy.

2290 Dundas (which I believe is a Freshco <<< Correction - it's the Loblaws south of Bloor on the west side of the ROW) is a CP REIT property

- Paul

Yes.

There is a small passenger pickup loop on CP Reits lands which is leased to Metrolinx from my understanding for the GO station, and which will be expanded once the adjacent rental building currently under construction is completed.

I suspect Metrolinx is moving to expropriate it from CP Reit and CP isn't happy.

Uh, is that CP's site? Lormel has the building under construction and CollecDev is fronting plans for 2400 Dundas W (Freshco etc.)

The school is actually immediate the south of Bloor, which is operated by TDCSB; but owned by TDSB.

The CPReit site is to the south of that.

Looks up, I think I got all that right.

Which, if I did, leads us back to what CP Reit's site has to do w/Bloor GO?

I don't believe there was any plan to extend the station south of Bloor.........

Hmmmm

Dec 17
Got out and did some updating for some sites since been about 6 months since last visited.

Unionville
I see the new platform is in service, but not completed. The 3rd track stills needs ballast and alignment. Oh great!! the 2nd platform elevators work, but the main doesn't. They should block off the north stairwell since the platform doors are lock. Handrail take in a few spots to hold the railing in place as it looks like concrete broke away for the anchors.

When did work start on this station?? When I las saw it, I figured it would be ready before the other 2 stations.

Agincourt
Saw this last month and not much different since then, with a lot of work still to be done. Noticed the last time and this time, there is a Special Constable on duty in side the station and have never seen one on site during the construction or up to Nov visited.

Milliken
Ran out of time and light in Nov to do an update after doing Agincourt.

The temporarily platform has been shift to the centre of the station. Still tons of work to be done.

If I am not mistaken, the west sidewalk on the southside is wider on an angle to the new entrances and the jog back to where it was the last time I saw it for the east side with handrails. Can see some green markings for the cycles, but most of its bury under the snow. Wonder when the first slip and slide claim will be file against the City and the contractor for the dangerous sidewalk that is more like a skating rink. Same as last year view. Never took a look at the north sidewalk now open.

Fencing being installed on the east side of new platform and will there be access to the existing property or a long walk to do so??

A couple unedited, not tag or fix
1671343895422.jpeg

1671343935641.jpeg

1671343980486.jpeg

1671344019414.jpeg

1671344076576.jpeg

1671344121204.jpeg

From today's Metrolinx Durham Region newsletter, a small update for the Bowmanville Extension (I don't think this has been posted to UT yet).

Bowmanville Extension Project- Upcoming Construction Work starting December 19th, 2022​

Project Overview
As part of investigative environmental works, crews will be drilling boreholes to complete groundwater and soil sampling on Metrolinx’s lands at Aspen Springs Drive and Bowmanville Avenue, Clarington. The investigation activities will inform future station improvement works.

What to expect
  • Residents should expect some noise, vibration, dust, and site lighting. Work crews will take reasonable precautions to minimize disturbances to residents.
  • Crews will use a truck mounted drill rig to perform the investigation works.
  • Customers and residents may experience some noise and vibration from construction vehicles and equipment.
  • Crews will drill one borehole at a time, the work zone will be safely delineated.
Hours of Work
Intermittent borehole drilling is expected to begin as early as December 19, 2022 and is expected to be complete by December 22, 2022. Work is expected to take place Monday to Friday within the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Work may be rescheduled or extended due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.

Pedestrian, Traffic and Transit Details

There will be no impacts to public transit modes, traffic, or pedestrians during this work.

Other Information
As we work to improve transit in your community you may have questions or need to get in touch with us. Metrolinx has a dedicated community engagement team in place to work with residents and businesses in Durham Region.

Contact us at: DurhamRegion@metrolinx.com or 416-202-3900.

Information as of December 7, 2022.

The Bramalea Station reconstruction is in the end stages now, with the Steeles Avenue entrance re-opened with a dedicated bus access to the new terminal.

I'm still not impressed by Metrolinx's gigantic parking garages, but at least now all the GO and Brampton Transit buses have a decent loading area, and that all buses - including the ones that only served Steeles Avenue - now enter the station. With all the connections to post-secondary institutions via GO and Brampton Transit (all three Sheridan College campuses, Waterloo/WLU, Guelph, Humber College North Campus, McMaster, and indirectly York U), this is an increasingly important transfer point. All it needs is frequent all-day seven-day rail service.

And if there was a parking garage at any of the Kitchener Line stations, this is the one (and the only one) to do it.

Bramalea GO Construction Map December 19 2022.jpg

The Bramalea Station reconstruction is in the end stages now, with the Steeles Avenue entrance re-opened with a dedicated bus access to the new terminal.

I'm still not impressed by Metrolinx's gigantic parking garages, but at least now all the GO and Brampton Transit buses have a decent loading area, and that all buses - including the ones that only served Steeles Avenue - now enter the station. With all the connections to post-secondary institutions via GO and Brampton Transit (all three Sheridan College campuses, Waterloo/WLU, Guelph, Humber College North Campus, McMaster, and indirectly York U), this is an increasingly important transfer point. All it needs is frequent all-day seven-day rail service.
Also direct connections to UTSC and Durham College via routes 41 and 56 respectively, despite them being quite far from Bramalea but still goes to show that this station also can connect you to those institutions as well. With a connection to Pearson via the BT 115, Bramalea can really take you just about anywhere now which is really crazy to think about on a larger scale.

And if there was a parking garage at any of the Kitchener Line stations, this is the one (and the only one) to do it.

View attachment 447009
There really should be all-day seven-day service running half hourly from Union to Bramalea, today. MX owns 99% of this route and I’m sure you’d see some excellent ridership.

There really should be all-day seven-day service running half hourly from Union to Bramalea, today. MX owns 99% of this route and I’m sure you’d see some excellent ridership.
Guessing it’s either the constructions of the 4th track, Mount Dennis, 401/409 tunnel, continued crew shortages, or even Union Stn itself because there’s no way that at least half hourly service hasn’t been implemented yet when it feels like that it really can happen now more than ever. Both Weston and Malton have their platforms completed for the most part so there is room for the line to operate without any short comings or delays, maybe except for peak times for the counter trains but that’s all i can think of.

Guessing it’s either the constructions of the 4th track, Mount Dennis, 401/409 tunnel, continued crew shortages, or even Union Stn itself because there’s no way that at least half hourly service hasn’t been implemented yet when it feels like that it really can happen now more than ever. Both Weston and Malton have their platforms completed for the most part so there is room for the line to operate without any short comings or delays, maybe except for peak times for the counter trains but that’s all i can think of.
Is CTC installed between Humberview and Nickle? Otherwise any train operating on that new track would be governed by rule 105... I haven't received any operating bulletins regarding that yet...

Is CTC installed between Humberview and Nickle? Otherwise any train operating on that new track would be governed by rule 105... I haven't received any operating bulletins regarding that yet...

So far as I have heard, the track has not been accepted for service. It's still effectively a construction site. ML ops may not even be entitled to run a train on that track yet. I haven't been up that way to see if there are still physical barriers in place, however, but I'm sure ML won't be running under 105 rules in regular service. They will want the signalling cut in (the circuitry is already roughed in at the control points, but the intermediates would have to be turned on and the software in the RTC consoles updated).

- Paul

PS: A nitpick - in order for Rule 105 to apply, the new track would have to be placed in operation as a "Non-main track". If it is placed in operation as a "main track", trains would be governed by CTC rules and take their authority from signal indications, and possibly interim Special Instructions pending final acceptance as a "main track". Same result, I'm just being pedantic.

Last edited:
^ I wonder if CN switching operations also still have a role in this and they still get to call some or all shots?

Back