News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Construction notice for West Harbour tie-in track:

B4A9B12A-A0B0-46F0-B5FF-5723BC98988C.jpeg

FA62ECE0-DE56-4AC0-B901-73F3CB7562AA.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 10.36.25 AM.png

I guess Metrolinx will electrify the line up to here, maybe they'll even go a bit further and electrify to Sheppard/Leslie. I wonder what the final layover is going to look like.

they originally had electrification planned to the don valley layover. maybe they do say they dont need that.
thats one of the things they needed that 2020 tpap for.

Hmmm,
If it's for Milton Line trains they won't have to.
Originally they were going to electrify to the Don Valley layover so it wasn't going to be for the Milton Trains. Maybe the extra Barrie or Kingston electric locos?
1677696163902.png

I wonder if they're going this route to allow the Don Branch to be used for HSR.

Or maybe they plan on turning the Leslie bike trail back into tracks?

Hmmm,

Originally they were going to electrify to the Don Valley layover so it wasn't going to be for the Milton Trains. Maybe the extra Barrie or Kingston electric locos?View attachment 459188
I wonder if they're going this route to allow the Don Branch to be used for HSR.

Or maybe they plan on turning the Leslie bike trail back into tracks?

I don't think that's correct. They were going to electrify the Richmond Hill Line at the Rosedale Siding, not the Don Valley Spur. The bubbled graphic covers above covers a larger area than just the Richmond Hill line but that's what it was for. There was information provided at one point that said the Layover was for the Milton Line. I don't think the track plans for the Don Valley Layover on the Don Spur ever showed electrification.

FWIW, I do believe electrification will be going forward here in the future.

There's another proposed rail service which may require it. ;)

FWIW, I do believe electrification will be going forward here in the future.

There's another proposed rail service which may require it. ;)
I personally think that the HSR proposal is what made Metrolinx reconsider the Don Valley Layover. I guess behind the scenes HSR might be further along than we think?

I don't think that's correct. They were going to electrify the Richmond Hill Line at the Rosedale Siding, not the Don Valley Spur. The bubbled graphic covers above covers a larger area than just the Richmond Hill line but that's what it was for. There was information provided at one point that said the Layover was for the Milton Line. I don't think the track plans for the Don Valley Layover on the Don Spur ever showed electrification.

Not sure if these were the final version but track plans here showing no intention of electrification.

Back